Bring back Deezer app to all Fitbit Smartwatches

Well just charged my fitbit to go for a run and now deezer and all my music was deleted off my watch. Great way to ruin my friday. Being the only reason I got a smart watch was so that I could run and listen to music without my phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

11 Comments
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @wlindsey1  you might want to read this - click for article

wlindsey1
Jogger

Hello @Odyssey13 , it says "The Deezer app was removed. You can no longer download Deezer playlists to your watch or listen to playlists that you've already downloaded." But doesn't explain why...

Odyssey13
Community Legend

@wlindsey1  as with any company, they reserve the right to change the terms of service. It even states so in this article - click to read. Fitbit probably isn't going to share the "why" of their decisions, as most companies don't let consumers know the inside information.

Judithjuh92
First Steps

100% agree. This is so unfortunate. Only bought an upgrade, because of this option.
Definitely not bying a fitbit ever agan.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @wlindsey1, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the Deezer app to all Fitbit devices with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

tomperse
Recovery Runner

I am so (SUPER) disappointed that I can no longer upload my music - or as was the case with Pandora - some Pandora playlists to my Sense. THE reason I ever chose Fitbit years ago was because of its ability to allow music to be played WITHOUT being a tethered via bluetooth to my smart device. What an incredible, incredible disappointment to remove these features. If one could upload Spotify playlists and play music without having to carry a smart device within range, it would be fine. Why was this decision made? How can you undo this so I don't have to toss my Fitbit out now? Please. Help those of us who enjoy...want...need a watch that is not tied to a smart device for music. 

RobTorm
First Steps

Agree with the above comments, am now looking at other smartwatches that still have the ability to play music without being tethered to a smartphone!

JordyI
First Steps

The only reason why I stick with fitbit is because I could download music to it. I hate carrying my phone when I run. Now you have taken it away.

Please, please bring back the ability to download music!!!!

So disappointing 😞 

MikeB7575
Jogger

I agree...it stinks that they took Deezer away.  One of the main reasons I went with a Fitbit!  Looks like I am done with them and now have to go and drop another 3-5 Hundred bucks on another one but you can bet it won't be a Fitbit!!!

woolly1973
Recovery Runner

I asked about getting my money back considering the watch no longer does what I bought it for. They said as long as I can provide a receipt of purchase they would refund me. Couldn't find the receipt as I had the watch for a while. I am over Fitbit. I have had 3 different models over 5 years. The first one the straps kept breaking and were non ìnterchangeable. The Ionic was recalled due to the batteries leaking and causing burns (they did refund everyone for this). Now the Sense charger leads continually stuff up and they have removed deezer. 

tomperse
Recovery Runner
Yup! FitBit is a lost company! Even the retailers I’ve spoken to will not push a FitBit any longer. One even told me to - run away (using a different watch to pace how fast I should run away from FitBit 😉🤪😂)!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.