Bring back Fitbit Connect and Fitbit app for laptop/desktop

This is what will keep Fitbit separated from other smart watches. It's SO much easier to log food from the desktop app; the mobile food-add situation is a mess -- it's crowded and hard to decipher, and I smash all the wrong buttons, and can barely tell which day I'm on. Please keep the desktop app going.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
84 Comments
BerryBlu
First Steps
I was informed by your chat representative that the Fitbit Zip will no longer sync with a computer via dongle and that I am must use the app. I do not want to use the app. I also do not want to lose my steps because I am often in step challenges at work. Please keep the dongle option and help me get my steps uploaded.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @BerryBlu, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to sync your Zip with Windows devices. Because a similar product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

tdboyer
Jogger
My wife and I have been using Fitbit products and the Windows synching app for about 10 years. When planning to replace her computer, the app for Windows is apparently no longer supported. My wife still uses the app on her computer to synch, and DOES NOT HAVE A SMARTPHONE. Not everyone has a smart phone.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @tdboyer, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the Fitbit app for Windows devices with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

CraigCCC
Jogger
huge step backward on the new app -- too confusing and navigation is painful. I tried to download a windows app only to find it was discontinued. Do you really expect fitbit users to only access their data on a phone screen while trying to understand overall fitness stats?
Knuty
Recovery Runner

Just chiming in to say that you can still access your data on fitbit.com if you're logged in. And that I agree, the app has way to much space. Practicality was thrown out the vindow

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CraigCCC, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making a new app available for a Windows computer. I noticed a similar this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

zorrogirl
First Steps
I still use my fitbit zip which works fine, but it stops syncing with my iPhone daily and I have to reboot the phone just to sync the zip. Never had these problems with my laptop. The mobile app is horrible. And this is my only bluetooth device being used with my phone.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @zorrogirl, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the Fitbit app for computers with us. We found two similar ideas already posted on this board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.