Bring back Spotify app to Versa 4 & Sense 2

Request to restore the ability to store offline music via Deezer, Spotify, or any other music media application on the Versa 4 and Sense 2. Just like it was able to do so on the Versa 3 and Sense (1). Otherwise you are going backwards with regards to the developmental process of your product, and severely limiting its usability.
142 Comments
Elbot
Stepping Up

Hi @YojanaFitbit do you know if this has been progressed or if this is something that is being looked at. I know the Sense 2 was your flag ship until you released shortly after the Google Watch. The ability to control music on my wrist would be amazing. It was something which was available when I had a Versa 1! 

Pharmerjam
Recovery Runner

100% agree

Duncatron
First Steps

As others here have commented, I feel extremely cheated that this smartwatch has basically zero smartwatch functionality.  If Fitbit/Google wants to change what a Fitbit is, they need to communicate that to their customers rather than selling a "smartwatch" that is nothing more than a fitness tracker with basic notifications

Babycita2005
Jogger

Just got versa 4 as a Christmas gift & am realizing now there is no Spotify capability so I will be returning it tomorrow & getting an Apple Watch. You lost a 8 year customer Fitbit. This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. You should not be calling this a smartwatch. It’s a good fitness tracker-that’s it

Pharmerjam
Recovery Runner

I feel the same way about my Sense 2.   No 3rd party apps,-etc.

Too late for me to return mine. 

MattH665
Recovery Runner

I just bought this as my first smart watch and... what the hell, how is music control missing? I assumed it would be there as the previous one had it and it seemed to be a basic feature on smart watches in general???

Is there any update from Fitbit about adding this feature?

Not sure I am able to return it after opening... if I am I might trade it for a Garmin.

andrzej.jan
First Steps

No music controls on my newly purchased upgrade from Sense to Sense 2. I will have to return the watch.  What a pity.

charlotte1912
First Steps

Definitely agree that this feature should be brought back!

I just got the sense 2 a few weeks ago without realizing there'd be no music control/music storage.

An absolute dealbreaker as I was planning to use the watch for running without having to bring my phone.

As for now i'll be returning the watch and exchanging it for another that does have this essential feature.

Very disappointed.

Numbsly
First Steps
Can you add Spotify to the Fitbit versa 4. It’s a downgrade taking it away from the newer models and having it on the older models. I love listening to music and it helps calm me down when I’m stressed. I went in thinking the Versa 4 would have Spotify but I was disappointed when it didn’t have it. It would not only be a useful feature but a cool 1
Egnautios
First Steps

I agree completely with this post, Fitbit made using such apps such a breeze on earlier models, I can only hope they bring these features back.

Marie97
First Steps
The watch lacks a lot of capability limit to health not my apps work with iPhone . Not sure why Spotify was stopped and not able to upload photo for the face for free
Hollieday
Jogger

I very much agree! I was looking forward to Spotify and was surprised this model did not have it. 

Listening to music on my watch out being able to control it from my watch.

Just upgraded from an older inspire model to a Versa 4 so I can use Spotify on it. Wasn’t much of an upgrade if Spotify isn’t supported. Please bring it back! This thread has been going on for a while and I see a lot of people advocating for it to be brought back as well. I see that nothing has been done nor has there been much feedback from Fitbit. How many votes/comments is this gonna take? Might just have to return the product. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Numbsly, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the Spotify app to the Versa 4 with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Hollieday, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding Spotify app to the Versa 4 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Numbsly
First Steps

I agree with this user 100%

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Marie97, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Jamielynn617
First Steps

So disappointing- wish I had done my homework before "upgrading" as I wasted my money- the versa 4 is no better than my kids no brand $30 fitness tracker for me without actual "smart" capabilities--- and his can still control music on his phone  😡 I'll be returning this one, and after 6 years of loyally using fitbit, It may be time to try another brand, if the available tech is going to backslide. You removed basic functions of previous models, with the addition of further heart monitoring--- how does that make any sense--- don't call it "smart" if your gonna dumb it down. 

cheansky
Recovery Runner

I have a Versa 3 for two main reasons:  1) beinng able to download music so I don't have to take my phone on a run and 2) For GPS.  If either of those goes away, I get rid of Fibit and find a different fitness watch that suits my needs.  Very sad move.  I"ve been with Fitbit for years.  My search has begun.

asiayeah
Pace Setter
Brobionics
First Steps

Please let us use spotify!! I got a versa 4 thinking the latest version would be the most up to date, I was wrong. Not being able to use any music apps is frankly ridiculous for a fitness product!

Cambo3
First Steps

My Sense face just stopped working randomly and due to the lack of response from Fitbit about brining back music on the Sense I binned the watch and bought a Garmin. Such a shame as I was a Fitbit user since 2015 - not anymore!

JeniP
Base Runner

I am so glad I upgraded to the Garmin Venu series of watches.  I won't say that it isn't better in all aspects to my Versa 2, but I feel secure that the rug won't be pulled out from under me with regards to downgrading or removing functions of the watch.  The only reason I originally upgraded to the Versa 2 was because I wanted to store music on my watch.  I had been using Spotify premium at the time, but I switched to Deezer for the fitbit.  (I have to say I'm glad I did switch to Deezer, as it has more songs available to me than Spotify.)  Anyway, I hope everyone gets their music back.  

Isak.emanuel
Keeping Pace

Seems Fitbit is downgrading itself, why are you removing something your esteem customers like so much. So disappointed with removing Deezer from all fitbit watches. 

mel2180
Recovery Runner

Bring back the options from the sense 1. and add more to make it worth the $.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.