Bring back Spotify app to Versa 4 & Sense 2

Request to restore the ability to store offline music via Deezer, Spotify, or any other music media application on the Versa 4 and Sense 2. Just like it was able to do so on the Versa 3 and Sense (1). Otherwise you are going backwards with regards to the developmental process of your product, and severely limiting its usability.
140 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fransbc, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back music capabilities (Spotify & Deezer) for Versa 4 and Sense 2. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

DanielSchindler
First Steps

I can only agree with the previous speaker. The use or control of the music via Spotify via the mobile phone / watch is fundamentally important and extremely restricts its use. In the same way, please, as was also possible with the previous models. With Google Wear OS, this shouldn't really be a problem.

Margiemca
Jogger

Completely agree I was SO disappointed to find no music capabilities on my beautiful new Versa 2. I feel I have gone backwards

Carlamarie543
First Steps

I agree, I am devastated and may be returning the watch to shop another brand.

PetG
Recovery Runner

I'm returning it as well.  When they don't even support their own Google Assistant on their own product - it shows they have no real interest in it.  It's very disappointing because I really liked my original Sense and only "upgraded" for a better battery life.  I prefer the square screen to the round one on the pixel watch so I guess I'll have to move to the Apple watch.

voluncheer
Jogger

I can only agree and I'm returning as well. I can't use a watch without music controls. 

asiayeah
Pace Setter

This should be available on day 1 when Sense 2 was launched. Where is the feature comparison chart between Sense 1 and Sense 2?

I'm really surprised if this feature isn't part of Sense 2 and still isn't on the roadmap. 

FromSun
Jogger

When will the Spotify connection become available? If I don't get any clarity on this I will return the Sense 2 (now I still can). It's such an obvious feature that we shouldn't even need to vote for this to get it on some kind of roadmap. It should have been there on day 1. 

AllisonO
First Steps
Please allow app access to Spotify for the versa 4, along with any app available to the sense 2. Spotify is necessity when working out
Shanbie
Jogger

First they remove the ability to store your own music on the Versa 3, and dont make this obvious before you buy it, and now they've removed the ability to do it with Deezer, when my Fitbit is the ONLY reason I even opened a streaming account in the first place. Fitbit you are down grading your watches with each release in what we can only assume is an effort to destroy your Smartwatch business. I will not be buy another Fitbit as removing features seems to be a trend. I stopped buying Iphones and switched to Samsung because I was tired of never having any real new features when I upgraded phones. Why would I spend money on a procudt that repeatedly downgrades? I'll be looking at other options. And I've been a Fitbit user since back when the first one that only vibrated and tracked your steps with lighted dots came out. 

Adcdancer
First Steps

The sense 2 is definitely a step backwards, no music, no wifi, no google assist, no snore report. I'm returning my and will stick with my original sense

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AllisonO, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing the Spotify back to the Versa 4. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Your feedback is appreciated, please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Annieble123
First Steps

Completely agree. So disappointed that this feature isn't available and I feel like I've actually downgraded from an earlier model which is a shame when the device is the priciest in the whole fitbit range. Even if marketed as a fitbit tracker being ablento control your music is imperative for exercising with wireless Earphones.

Diana0619
Jogger

I'm beyond upset that the Pandora capability and Bluetooth for ear buds is no available on Versa 4.  The other 3 Versas had it.  I don't know why it had to be removed on the Versa 4.  I use it frequently, like almost daily.  I think the Versa 4 is comfortable but if it won't work as a true smart watch,  I'll be returning it.

FromSun
Jogger

Why does it take so long for Fitbit to give any clarity? This should be a feature that should be there from day one!

MissKai2You
First Steps

I bought the Fitbit Versa 4 because when I was going to purchase the Versa 3, it was removed from the site as the Versa 4 was being launched. Something I was excited about was the music capabilities. I chose to get a Fitbit over an Apple Watch and am slowly feeling like I should have gone with the latter.

Margiemca
Jogger
Totally agree The new watch is sadly lackin

Get Outlook for Android<>
Justcruzinthru
Recovery Runner

Loved my Versa 2 - only replaced it because the battery would no longer last the day. Had been considering a Versa 3 but waited for the Versa 4 to get the Graphite Aluminum edging that was similar to the Carbon Aluminum edging on the Versa 2, Versa 3 didn't offer these edging options. Never in my wildest dreams did I think to confirm I would be able to continue to: 
1. Download third-party apps that I used daily on my Versa 2 such as (a) Starbucks, (2) Flashlight, (3) Agenda, (4) Number, (5) Find Phone -- which Fitbit says is on the Versa 4 but nowhere I can find. No third party apps on Versa 4. 

2. Select which phone apps I wanted to receive notifications from on my watch, such as (1) Medisafe, (2) Messages, (3) Zoom, along with the Versa 2 standards: (a) calls, (b) text messages (which I selected WhatsApp, because the option was available to choose), and (c) emails, along with the ability to customize quick replies directly from my watch. These features no longer exist on Versa 4.

3. Connect my watch to my earbuds and play music. There is NO MUSIC in any capacity on the Versa 4. No iTunes download, no Spotify, on Dreezer. 

I agree with the poster above who mentioned they believe this is an intentional move on the part of Google. It seems they acquired Fitbit to gain ownership of the select Intellectual Property for their own new Pixel line and purchase customer lists/order histories, while constraining investment in the future of Fitbit. I also agree with several prior posters who said it's false advertising to refer to the Versa 4 as a smartwatch; it IS a FITNESS TRACKER. 

And wait, there's more! I'm also disappointed that the Versa 4 does not allow the owner to remove preloaded apps either. Huh? Nope, I don't want Alexa on my watch, nor Fitbit Pay, but surprise! Nope, it's going to clutter up your watch whether you like it or not. 

Overall, incredibly disappointed and will be returned. 

Guillem66
Jogger
The ability to control the music of the smartphone with a music player, as well as put back the Spotify/Deezer/Pandora apps that were already present on Sense 1, Versa 2 and 3. As a former versa 3 user, I switched to the new model and I see that the functions have been removed, can you put them back on Fitbit versa 4 and sense 2, great day to the f
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding music player apps on Versa 4 and Sense 2 similar than on Sense and Versa 2. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Alysha84
Jogger
I just purchased the newest Versa 4 thinking it would have the best technology and everything my Versa 2 had.... wrong! I used Spotify controls daily on my fitbit for various reasons.
gianiaz
Base Runner
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Alysha84, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing Spotify Controls back to the Versa 4 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. Your feedback is appreciated and you can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

mosttoys
Jogger

Another vote to bring back previous features that were available in earlier Versa versions.  I have a Versa 2 and when that eventually quits working I am not coming back to Fitbit.  So many other fitness watches at the same price point now with more features and capabilities.  A step in the wrong direction for FitBit.. 

Rex_LYK
Jogger

Please add back the feature otherwise the Sense 2 should be renamed as Sense 0 or Sense - 1

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.