Bring back swim lap counter to the Fitbit app

. Information displayed against a swim, used to include the swimming pool, length, the duration, the total distance, and the number of length you swam. But all of a sudden the number of length feature has disappeared from both new swims, and those recorded in the past.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @janier6, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding the swim lap counter to the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

PIW
Jogger

Bring back lap counter for swimming. I find it VERY difficult to transpose miles to laps..."laps" is the daily criterion for figuring out how well I did today. I don't understand why you chose to eliminate this in favor of miles.  

SusieQQQ
Recovery Runner

I also want the swimming laps counted. The only reason I got the Inspire 3 watch is for that specific purpose. All I get now is the total distance, in kilometres. I swim in a 25 yard pool, which is 22.86 metres, and need a calculator if I want to figure out how many laps I swam. I just want the laps recorded. Can you please bring this back? 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I bought my first Fitbit in order to monitor my swimming activities. Having spent a long time reviewing which devise suited my needs I settled on the Inspire 3. Big mistake, I want the number of lengths to be recorded not distance. On top of this the distance is measured in miles, the pool I use is 25m. As this does not meet my needs I will be looking to return and get a full refund. 

JackinRome
First Steps

I bought the Sense 2 assuming that it would count swimming pool laps like the Ionic did. Do you have plans to reintroduce lap counting ?

Jonathan2901
Jogger

I agree. The reason I bought the device some years ago was for swimming. It's small and neat. To take features away is a regressive step, and an update cant be hard to fix given the feature was there previously. The moderators response was disappointing and did not address the question, simply referring us users to a website about Fitness - LOL ! 

I am now wishing I had not updated the app. 

Or maybe I need to switch product if Fitbit is not interested in swimmers. It would be a pity, but we all can remember what happened to Kodak 

Windycityswim
First Steps

I had the charge 5 and they took away the swim laps and told me back in sept 23 that it was only available on the charge 6. So today, as of March 24, I reluctantly upgraded to the charge 6, only to find that they did away with the lap counts in the swim activity, again. Could you please, just bring it back as swimmers like myself that count laps find it a necessity, or perhaps after 6 years of Fitbit I should just go ahead and jump to garmin. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.