Bring back the New York adventures

Please add more adventures and bring back the New York adventures.

34 Comments
Jewelsparaks
Base Runner

I agree! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

yarn612
Recovery Runner

I would like to see world adventures, not just the USA.

Weezer1980
Base Runner

Agree, bring back the NYC challenges and adventures AND add new ones.   All for free please.   I don't want to pay subscription charges for this - I already have to buy a new Fitbit every year or so!

ANonyMouse
Premium User
Powerwalker

I feel like the removal of the New York adventures was the opposite of what people have been requesting for. We've been wanting more adventures, not less.

Lauraalison
First Steps

I agree.  Please add more solo adventures.  They keep the daily walking routine interesting.  I have completed the Yosemite adventures a number of times and would enjoy having options to change it up.  

Evi105
Stepping Up

Yea generally more adventures with more variety would be nice

ChrisChad
Base Runner

And use this community! Let us supply you with the content, you guys just stick it in the app! 

I live in the philippines I'd be happy to spend an afternoon and put together a walking tour of manila. I have a good hi res camera and a GPS, a little local history research and some planning and we'd have a new challenge on the app.

I'm sure people could do the same for Boston, Philadelphia, London, Paris, Athens, Singapore, Tokyo...

Weezer1980
Base Runner

I still don't understand why the New York Adventures were removed and WHY there was no warning in advance of them being removed and WHY there was no offical Fitbit communication to explain it.

I have had a look at the New York Marathon website and they are still with TCS so it does not look like there is a change in the sponsorship which could have ended the contract with Fitbit.    I have tried to find contact details for the New York Marathon but nothing jumped out at me - I would love to contact them to ask their feedback on why Fitbit removed these challenges and adventures.    If Fitbit won't talk, maybe NYC marathon will - if we can work out how to contact them.

Do Fitbit really have so little regard for their customers that they feel that they can just remove content and not need to communicate with us?   

Talk to us, keep us up to date.  Engage with us - like we have tried to engage with you.   Instead you ignore us which makes us feel unvalued.   

I know that there are moderators on these pages who do comment but they are not Fitbit employees.   I would like to see someone who is actually employed by Fitbit come on to this community forum and provide us with an explaination as to what is going on and what their future plans are.   I would like too see the roadmap for where the future of Fitbit is going.       At the moment the seems to be a bleak path that I am not sure I want to be on anymore.

Evi105
Stepping Up
Im also sure local tourism organisations would be happy to provide
materials for their local areas

So I’m reading all these current posts and posts as old as 2016. We’ve been asking for more challenges and adventures for that long. And I agree with the person that said Fitbit continues to show us that they don’t value our input because it’s virtually ignored or there would be more challenges, not less. We as LOYAL consumers deserve more transparency about why NY was removed and what the current plan is to start replying to comments more consistently with transparent answers and when or will they ever add more challenges and adventures.

Lauraalison
First Steps
Thanks for posting. I’m really hoping they listen and put in those challenges. They are just teasing us with the three in Yosemite.

Sent from my iPhone
Aureala
Jogger

Where have the New York adventures gone? And without any warning? I only recently got my Fitbit and haven't even had a chance to complete the last one yet! 😞

Also, I agree with previous posters... It would be great to have more adventures, and world adventures at that! How about some set in other continents, from cities like London and Hong Kong to open spaces like the Blue Mountains or the Great Ocean Road in Australia? While Yosemite is great, it gets dull to have only three adventures to choose from!

RogueCyclist
Recovery Runner

I also agree!  Why did they go away?  Additionally, I would say that we need more challenges...WAY MORE CHALLENGES...overall.

Wonderwoman410
First Steps

I would like to see more adventure races . Kinda disappointed there are only 2. I enjoyed seeing pictures of where i was at each interval. Global races would be nice also!

ThirteenOne
Recovery Runner

Worse yet, why will Fitbit not give us any sort of real answer on why these were eliminated and why they won't add new ones? I get really tired of scripted responses that say nothing whatsoever. Obviously they have reasons and plans. It's an insult when they refuse to share that information with those of us who paid big $$ for their devices.

EJMdesign
Jogger

It’s terribly frustrating that, in spite of customer demand for more solo adventures, the NYC adventures were instead removed.  

If there’s a reason why the NYC content was not sustainable, fine, but give us SOMETHING. London?  Paris?  The pyramids of Egypt?  Great Wall of China?  Anything!  But really, how hard can it be to provide some sort of content like this?

lnel
Recovery Runner

After many years of Fitbit members consistently asking for more adventures the very few that was availabilite have now dwindled further. 

This shows disregard for the customers,

There have been many new products put on the market recently and it sadness me as a Fitbit user for many years, having upgraded many times that I'm now looking into other activity trackers that offer more as a package.

I would have hoped that with Fitbit gadgets being so expensive they would listen to and aim to satisfy loyal customers. Unfortunately they just keep trying to sell more expensive equipment that generally does the same thing, no further options for what people truly want. 

@Lynn8082 wrote:

@Lynn8082 wrote:

EJMdesign
Jogger

The silence from Fitbit on this subject is DEAFENING!

ChrisChad
Base Runner
Seriously.
I'm in the philippines for 2 more weeks, last opportunity for a Manila
walking tour! We've got intermuros, the fort, BGC, moa, Makati, greenbelt,
Rockwell in christmas.. I'll provide the content and path, you provide the
coding....
Nmilligan77
First Steps

☹️ 

Jennyrose
Stepping Up

Add more adventure challenges, it shouldn’t be that difficult and they are clearly in high demand. Make your customers happy.

AlanStandsalone
Stepping Up

Our continuing request for MORE adventures continue to fall on deaf ears. After all these years we still continue to do the 3 measly solo adventures over and over. This get is getting boring and have just not doing these anymore.

DMatthews
First Steps

The New York Adventures were a good length for daily or even a speed challenge. 24,000 steps is 1,000 steps and hour and a fantastic and attainable goal. The NYC Marathon was fun for a 2 day challenge for people like me. The current challenges aren’t amounts that are really doable for fairly active people like me. 31-35,000 steps a day isn’t happening. So please bring back NYC or any solo challenge that has 10k, 24k or 50k in them. Thanks

ThirteenOne
Recovery Runner

Sadly I doubt we will ever get more, nor any good explanation as to why NY was removed. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.