Bring back the old android dashboard

My android app updated to 2.48 (2183120) and I no longer have the option to go back to the old dashboard. Please bring back the old dashboard. It was much more usable than the new one.

36 Comments
BobM2
Hill Runner

Typical arrogant, customer-unfriendly Fitbit.  They don't care what WE want, they're going to do what THEY want, and force it on us no matter what. The new dashboard is ugly, harder to use, and unwanted.  This is my first Fitbit device, and it will definitely be my last. It's unreliable, the software stinks, the customer service is non-existent, and the company sucks.  Goodbye Fitbit, and good riddance.

@ccochran79 wrote:

My android app updated to 2.48 (2183120) and I no longer have the option to go back to the old dashboard. Please bring back the old dashboard. It was much more usable than the new one.

Elena_Iv.
Base Runner

I'm very much in agreement with this suggestion.

The new layout (as of v. 2.48) has several drawbacks and steps back from the old layout: lack of customization for the circles in the upper pane, even the existence of two separate panes itself, blindingly white background that makes my eyes hurt, removal of the swipe feature, the data not updating for both panes when the user wants to switch between the past days and the current one.

When I bought my Blaze and installed the Fitbit app, I was a 150% satisfied customer. It was doing exactly what I wanted, exactly in the way I wanted. It was informative, easy to use, easy to read, easy to customize. It was perfect for my purposes.

Overnight, the mandatory usage of the new layout made my expensive tracker a worthless brick, an overpriced watch with the functions that are no longer useful to me. I cannot use the new app layout, it hurts my eyes and it doesn't give me the information I want. THE NEW LAYOUT MAKES MY EXPENSIVE TRACKER UNUSABLE TO ME.  I want informative and customizable layout but the new one is neither. Had I wanted a plain watch, I might have bought it tor much less money, and used any free app as a step counter.

Please bring back the option to use the old layout for the customers who, for whatever reason, are not satisfied with the new one.

mandymitchell61
Strider

Totally agree with all youve said above,i upgraded from the one to the blaze so had HR monitor which i could see as i walked,now i cant see my steps at same time as HR,the old one i could move tiles about so see all,why they took away the option to choose shows how little they really care about us customers,like every update we get they make worse instead of better,a very unhappy fitbitter 

SmartandSassy
First Steps

Customer service is NO service at all!   Bring old dashboard back!!!  This Fitbit goes in the trash! Now I have a useless item wrapped around my wrist..

BobM2
Hill Runner

If I had realized just how arrogant and customer-unfriendly Fitbit was, and how non-existent their customer support was, I would never have gotten this. And I'll never get another. Fitbit seems bound and determined to alienate their customer base until no one uses their product.  

Sapphire921
First Steps

I want my old dashboard back...i hate the new one...it is not user friendly...

RobCain
Jogger

I would like my old dashboard. What do I have to do to get it back?

Jkhaley
First Steps

I don't like the new dashboard format.  Too much going on with the tiles to quickly glance at your phone and see everything. I won't use continue to use the Fitbit app on my phone unless there is an option to go back to the old dashboard.

skip_cat
First Steps

Please give us the option of the old dashboard back. It was more compact with more easily digestible information.

I don't need the pretty little meter with the fancy animations. It just takes up room on screen.

Just give me the numbers - it's all I care about!

Thank you!

muscleyfellow
Jogger

I agree with frustrated users.

The helpline referred me to a forum to leave comments.

A lot of people who own fitbits are ABC1 who are busy with better things to do than do market research and feedback for fitbit.

Btw anyone notice. I get a bad ssh with my fitbit so does my brother inlaw.

asperion
Jogger

100% agree with this suggestion.

Old dashboard was clean, tidy, less busy and was simple to read, as in lines on a page of a book.

New dashboard seems to have been designed with a younger customer in mind but there are plenty of customers at the more mature end of the market as well. Too much whitespace, graphics too large, can't stand the 2 column layout and the fixed layout at the top.

Don't believe that fitbit are listening to their customers on this issue.

mandymitchell61
Strider

There not listening to older end of market,if they did then wed still have option of old dashboard,lets say what problems did it cause when we had option of either dashboard,maybe fitbit can answer cos i cant

gardenfella
First Steps

I absolutely loathe and detest this awkward new dashboard. Why do I have to go through 3 screens to find information that used to be on the home page of the dashboard?

I'm seriously considering ditching my fitbit and finding something more user friendly. 

PeterC25
Jogger

I contacted Fitbit yesterday regarding old dashboard being deleted. The new dashboard I avoided for as long as possible and now can see how total **ahem** it is. It doesn't give a date at the top on current day or for yesterday and as I take screenshots during exercise the app is now useless and there the Fitbit too. 

Fitbit were arrogant and told me to comment here for developers, I mean, is this thread actually read? And why make app worse in the first place!

My Flex will now NOT be replaced by a Fitbit product as the product is only as good as the app that supports it and thats **ahem**!

Also when swiping to previous days the food/drink intake and sleep data (i.e. ALL smaller tiles) stay on current day view. I mean WTF! This means sorted pronto!

Poo
Tempo Runner

I fed back all this last year (I think) as a beta user. New dash renders my Blaze useless to me, I want to see the data for the correct day when scrolling back and to have a weight tile which makes sense. I want the tiles at the top which are important to me not what Fitbit want me to use - I do track stpes but like it for mainly cal/wt info. I switched to the new one months and gave it more than a fair crack, it's still useless.

I have d/l the file to keep the old dash thankfully and won't change until it dies.

I have little faith in the feature suggestions as they told us to do the same when trialing it - pointless but one last gasp.....

Poo
Tempo Runner

This was the thread they told me to start, nothing happened. Those who like the dash tell you it's fine - THEY DON'T USE IT LIKE I DO!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

BobM2
Hill Runner

Fitbit doesn't care about its users.  The company's leadership think they know better than we do. Their arrogance will, in the end, be undoing.

Jaxmom6
Keeping Pace

I don't like the new layout for the dashboard. It's way too busy with all the pictures. It needs to be able to be read at a glance instead of having to look all over for info. Please give the option of using the ORIGINAL dashboard. This one is too messy! 

AmyChristineH
Recovery Runner

I posted in many other forums with pictures of what I didn't like.  I've emailed, I've facebooked.  No one at Fitbit listened and I'm not typing it all over again.  

summary:  I don't like the new dashboard.  See all the other posts and i'm sure my reasons are in there.  I have barely used my fitbit since the change went in and am researching other trackers now.  I'm discouraged and have told anyone who will listen not to invest in a fitbit because the customer service is not listening to the majority of users.

Starr3
Recovery Runner

I, too, want the old dashboard back! I absolutely HATE the new dashboard. It is totally useless for me. With the old dashboard,  you could easily view your steps, active minutes, mileage, sleep, etc. This is too busy with all these graphs. NOT me! 

Fitbit should allow the consumer/user decide which dashboard he/she prefers.  I find my Fitbit useless now. 

Jsokal
Recovery Runner

Your new pictogram fitbit page is totally useless. It is eye candy and not seriously functional.  If had known you werench going to modify your page like this I would not have bought my Charge 2. Listen to your customers for god's sake,...they are the only reason you are in business, the Only reason.

Michele15213
Recovery Runner

I was given the fitbit one as a gift and love it so much I've  been looking to upgrade.

If I can't go back to the old dashboard I will be looking for an upgrade from another company.

Michele15213
Recovery Runner

Ok. Not to mention since the update nothing syncs correctly....steps or food diary from my fitness pal.

Just give us the option to use either dashboard and make all customers happy.

Although I have not seen ONE post from anyone who loves the new dashboard.

justMonica
Base Runner

I vote to bring back the option to use the old dashboard. Ive already shared my opinions on why the new dashboard sucks (non-customizable, hard on the eyes, too many colors on a white background, bad formatting with the 2 columns, etc.) but on top of that, I've noticed that it has syncing issues. Please bring back the easier to use old dashboard without the tiles.

LR13
Recovery Runner

Bring back the old dashboard!  "New" one is not user friendly and it is not convenient to use.  Over-designed and not functional.  Bring back the bar graphs!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.