Bring back the old android dashboard

My android app updated to 2.48 (2183120) and I no longer have the option to go back to the old dashboard. Please bring back the old dashboard. It was much more usable than the new one.

36 Comments
IslaD
Jogger

Hate the new dashboard to the point I have not used the app for the last 4 days, which is a pity I was always looking and using the old one. I hope fitbit do reconsider giving us choice but just in case they dont I have already started the process to become less dependant on it. I will give them a month for an update and if it is bad or no news I will go back to wearing a traditional watch until I find a another fitness tracker dashboard that suits me.

mavikuke
Recovery Runner

The new dashboard is difficult to use. Bring back the old one or allow to old one based on user choice or you have lost another customer when I upgrade.

NY2TX
Hill Runner

What they did was a joke. All in the spirit of "improving" something that wasn't broken, they made it worse. I have a hard time believing that anyone who uses and depends on the data from their FitBit can possibly like the new Android dashboard.

Ndiolle
Jogger

I do not like the new dashboard.  Please give me the option to go back to the previous dashboard.  The only reason I have the new dashboard is because I had to do a reset on my mobile phone.  Doing so signed me out.  When I logged back in this horrible dashboard was there.  I really like fitbit but do not want this dashboard.  I do not want to have to go to another product to track my steps. Hopefully this can be avoided.  Thank you with your assistance in this matter.

amicab
First Steps

I don't like the new dashboard. It doesn't motivate me like the old one. I have been returning to the classic dashboard every time I have been automatically switched to the new dashboard. It seems that this week the option to revert to the classic dashboard has been eliminated. Please bring back the old dashboard.

mandymitchell61
Strider

Anyone from fitbit itself going to reply to all our wants and needs 😞

muscleyfellow
Jogger
Yes having started the post and had numerous replies still no replies from Fitbit. Perhaps they will refer us to the forum.........!
I often wonder if the people who design these products and software are  20 year olds straight out of university who don't actually use the product.
Perhaps we will get a reply with Hey....firstname.
As an aside I get a rash on my wrist from the HT product as does my partner"s brother and the little plastic part on the strap that keeps it tidy also disintegrated so the strap flaps about.
Anyone know of a better product.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Asterdyn
Jogger

Bring Back the old dashboard......................

MissKD
Jogger

HATE the new dashboard! All my complaints are outlined in other posts so I won't bother to list them, but just know that I will be looking for another brand of tracker.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AndrewFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

We have no current plans to revert to the old Android dashboard. You can discuss this decision here.

pdaven48
First Steps

The new dashboard sucks. The new dashboard was presented like a bait and swith. The old layout was better visually and more user friendly. The new dashboard is much harder to use because the visual cues are gone; it must have been designed by someone who isnt a good designer who no idea about how to give users visual tools. The new dashboard reads like a dictionary. it might as well be all words and no icons. AND YOU PRESENTED IT AS IF IT WAS A TRIAL, YOU ASKED, DO YOU WANT TO TRY IT. TRY IT means you could try it and go back to something else. Did the person who wrote that understand English?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.