Bring back the old sleep summary page

When I had my Charge 5 and the first few weeks of having my Charge 6 the app would give me a sleep summary page with, Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels and Bedtime and wakeup all on a handy page. Since a recent update I now seem to get a much more basic three tiles and I have to open each one and look through for all the information.
1,949 Comments
cindyp2
Runner
i have premium for another month or so. but i had the better graph without
premium nothing changed with premium except a few workouts, mindful and
peace videos and such none of which i use.
Looloo_b
First Steps

I agree. I miss the readability of the previous version of the graph (the colors and lack of clutter). I also miss being able to compare the previous days' graphs on the same page. 

Cathy3324
Jogger

At least give us the choice of the old or the new - thank you!

ExtraF
First Steps
New app display is TERRIBLE!! A 100% downgrade. Very disappointing as well as frustrating. I loved Fitbit up to now, but now I am considering switching products.
JayJay00
First Steps

I couldn't agree more with this! They keep doing this with each menu, one by one... it is very frustrating. They can do all the new stuff no problem, but if they could just add a another tab where you can scroll through all you previous data like it was in the old app that would be great. I don't feel like that's too much to ask. 

cstmartin
Jogger
If Google is purposely killing/ruining Fitbit’s app, why would anyone trust
them enough to invest in another Google tracker and fitness app? That is
exactly why after 8 years of Fitbit usage, I am now wearing a Garmin Lily

*Cathy St.Martin*
Murrieta, CA 92563
Dunsdool
First Steps

I'd like to add my voice to the pile. I've been a Fitbit user for awhile and the sleep page is the first thing I check every day. This new update somehow makes me feel less excited about my sleep stats. I miss the old view. 

SpacemanKile
First Steps

This latest updates is one of the worst app updates of any app update I’ve ever had. Please bring back the old UI. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

feathers222
Base Runner

I'm also requesting a move back to the old Fitbit sleep style reading. I find it confusing and very difficult to hold my finger over the lines without my finger obstructing the view. It's difficult to study the data without things moving all over the place. I really liked being able to turn my phone to landscape view to get a larger image. I struggle to differentiate between the colors which somehow seem to be out of order. I hope you will go back to the previous version. New isn't always good.

CRMnHU
Jogger

The new sleep stages graph is much less useful than the old version—please change it back! I used it daily since I have sleep and related health problems. The new version isn’t helpful to me, and I am now one of the long-term Fitbit users considering another brand. Very disappointed!

kristiin
First Steps

I overwhelmingly agree with the sentiment across the comments here. I would wholeheartedly love if the sleep interface in the app could change/revert back to what it previously looked like or something close to that. I’ve been a Fitbit user for almost 10 years and the main reason I wear it daily is for the sleep analysis but the new update to the sleep interface makes it more difficult to see all the stats. I haven’t been wearing my Fitbit the last few days and am hoping it will change back. I would truly appreciate it.

EveryGoodThing
First Steps

Please fitbit team!

My whole family were happy users of fitbit, but with this last design change of the app we are all considering going to a competitor. The app and data analysis is now unusable. We come from different generations but none of us can understand this. Why change it to something so unusable. It was great before. Still hoping it's going back to the previous design. I'm not sure how long we all can stick to this new design before we decide to leave fitbit after so many years.

Rosalee53
Recovery Runner

Sad that monopolies like Google can bully customers into submission at a flick of a switch ... I am so disillusioned but can't afford to buy a new brand. I invested in Fitbit brand which has been killed off by monopoly tech 😢

Sunsetempress
First Steps

After years of using Fitbit and going through several different devices, this update has confirmed that I will be switching to another smart watch company. It no longer feels like a good quality product and it feels like a push towards purchasing a premium service that I also do not feel offers value for money.

Alftan
Jogger

Couple of things.  My husband has a google pixel watch and premium Fitbit app. He uses the same app and about a week after I got the “downgraded app” so did he. So having a google phone or premium doesn’t help. If you haven’t gotten it yet you will or you are lucky that maybe the update didn’t work.  I doubt they are listening.  They have such a large market share we would need 10s of thousands of votes for them to pay attention. The moderator is supposed to be consolidating posts according to the FAQ but doesn’t seem to be. There are a ton of these same posts in the heath and wellness section. I’ve been voting on as many as I can but they shut you down and call it a “voting storm”. Anyway, guess I’ll be moving on and avoiding as many things Google as possible.  They obviously aren’t interested in our opinion. 

Marivivi25
Recovery Runner
Totally agree with you!! I noticed there wasn’t an option to vote for you so I just replied. I’ve been voting every where! I posted on X and on Facebook. I’ve been with Fitbit for over 10 years and I am premium and the old sleep graph disappeared and the horrendous one appeared out of the blue about 5 days ago. I don’t know what else to do in order for Fitbit to acknowledge our immense disappointment. I’ll be switching to Apple Watch, there are a few refurbished ones in Amazon which I’m considering.
Sent from my iPhone
Angel2016
First Steps

dissatisfied with the change after the update. The overview for sleeping is not an improvement. I liked the previous one much better, as apparently everyone does. And what I also find very disappointing is the change under the heart rate. those are the minutes in heart rate zone. I could see that every day. Then I could see exactly when my heart rate was at its peak. I used this for my health. So if this will not change, I will probably look for another tracker and watch. This is very disappointing. Fortunately, I didn't take out the Fitbit Premium package after all. 

Angel2016
First Steps

dissatisfied with the change after the update. The overview for sleeping is not an improvement. I liked the previous one much better, as apparently everyone does. And what I also find very disappointing is the change under the heart rate. those are the minutes in heart rate zone. I could see that every day. Then I could see exactly when my heart rate was at its peak. I used this for my health. So if this continues, I will probably look for another provider. This is very disappointing. Fortunately, I didn't take out the Fitbit Premium package after all.

Eily123
First Steps
Why are there no comments from Fitbit in response to all of these complaints!

Sent from my iPhone
denava
Stepping Up

After the recent update, the way Other Sleep is added to the current day, no matter when in that day the sleep happens, is crazy. This is obviously not how most people would want to track their sleep! 

If I sleep from 9 PM to 11 PM, then wake up for an hour, then get back to sleep from 12 AM to 5 AM, that's seven hours of sleep during the night. With the new update, Fitbit is adding the two hours to the night before. This makes the sleep tracking feature (which is one of the main things I use my watch for) basically useless.

I need this information for medical reasons! 

KRB2002
Jogger

The new layout is difficult to read, confusing, and the white background is hard on the eyes when most of us are probably reviewing it in a semi-dark room first thing in the morning. Also, since the new layout it seems my Fitbit battery drains MUCH faster and I need to charge it every few days. Please return to the old sleep layout!  Thanks.

NanyaBeverly
First Steps
I totally agree! Bring back the old sleep graphs With the previous days listed below todays. This new version is useless!
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
NanyaBeverly
First Steps
Worst update ever! This new update is actually so much less informative than old. Usually new is better than old. Not this time! It’s way worse.

Sent from my iPhone
MarVat
Jogger

I agree with all the comments about the new sleep graphic - it’s horrible!  I carefully check my sleep every morning since I’ve been suffering with insomnia and the old graphics were so helpful. Now I can’t make heads or tails out of it - it’s not helping at all!  Please go back to the old one!  It’s the reason I’ve always stayed with Fitbit, but now I’ll probably have to look into another brand.  Please bring back the old one!! 

LauraRoos
Jogger

The new sleep interface is GARBAGE. Bring back the Fitbit user experience. Seriously 12 years of loyalty and this is how you treat users???

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.