Bring back the share option from Today screen on Fitbit app

I realize that we can upload our steps by going to "group" and selecting "dashboard"; however, this method only allows users to upload the current day's steps.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
58 Comments
Jabrat
Interval Runner

The share feature is so very important when it comes to motivation and sharing with others - why would Fitbit get rid of that for people that are competing on leaderboards and in groups and especially your community pages which you switched to ! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @XtinaDWP, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding back the option to upload our steps from the dashboard on any given day . We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Sdtweetyfan
First Steps

Please bring back the share feature. It is unacceptable that you’ve removed it without asking your loyal customer base. You’ve lost a loyal customer for life.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sdtweetyfan, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the share option on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

NandaFerre
Recovery Runner

Yes!! 

NandaFerre
Recovery Runner

I agree with the previous commentator. Taking away the share button without so much as an email notification was cruel and a bit stupid. It was obvious people were sharing all the time. 

Fit4Christ
First Steps
Please add share button back to dashboard main page to allow convenient sharing with others.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fit4Christ, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding share button back to Dashboard page. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

defilmguy
First Steps

Please bring back share button!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sdtweetyfan, thanks for sharing this suggestion about bringing back the share button on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

AngelArty
Jogger

This feature needs to be restored asap. Apparently the folks at fitbit don't actually care about the community section, even though multiple posts have been made expressing frustration with the removal of this feature. It is incredibly disappointing for a company to make major UI changes without consulting their users at all, then ignore them. The share button was my main way of tracking my completed days, and i'm unable to do that at all now. 

XtinaDWP
Recovery Runner

@LizzyFitbit  

How is the process on this matter coming along? Is there any chance of the feature being returned to the dashboard or is our voice going to be ignored like all the other posts on the community board? 

NandaFerre
Recovery Runner

They are ignoring us. 

XtinaDWP
Recovery Runner

So it would seem. We can no long email them; I can't call because I'm overseas so I had a live text chat with them and was told to post here in the community. : ( 

Sdtweetyfan
First Steps
That’s what I was told. Such BS. I can’t call them either, and I’m in the US. They just don’t care!! Horrible customer service.

Sent from my iPhone
XtinaDWP
Recovery Runner

@Sdtweetyfan  Agreed. I was given a case number but I haven't heard back from them and I have no way of contacting them so I wonder what was the point. 

Pegatha
Recovery Runner

Please bring back the share icon for daily steps. Why was it removed mid-May?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pegatha, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the share icon for daily steps. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

kabowers
Jogger

I would also like the share function back. What genius reasoning was used when deciding to remove it?

Musicmom10
First Steps

I am using Android and also lost the share icon.  I have followed the work a round but it only allows you to share today and not the full activity from yesterday.  Can't someone give us a timeline of when this can be fixed?

scottwblack
Recovery Runner

I was shocked when I went to the app and attempted to share my steps to Instagram. Very disappointing that Fitbit would remove this feature with no notice. I don't really expected the now Google-owned company to really care, though.

KaxMisha
First Steps

Couldn't agree more. This was a vital feature and it's absolutely ridiculous that it was removed. The workaround proposed by the Fitbit team only works for the current day, meaning it's impossible to share a full 24 hour day, as that is typically done by sharing it after midnight. Please bring this back ASAP!

Lynn79
Jogger

Yes please bring back the share icon! 

f.gillians
First Steps

Does Fitbit realize how excited folks are to be able to return to gyms, oitdoor activities using their Trackers? The "share" feature is a HUGE driver for individuals and grps.

Are you aware of all of these Health Fundraisers where the "share" feature motivates folks?

What's the reasoning behind removing it?

f.gillians
First Steps

I'd like to add, other manufacturers are now making more Trackers available on phones. Fitbit has always been customer service oriented but please don't force ppl to move from your product because of a small piece such as "share" feature. It's apparent it's a higher driver which means consumers were using. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.