Bring back the share option from Today screen on Fitbit app

I realize that we can upload our steps by going to "group" and selecting "dashboard"; however, this method only allows users to upload the current day's steps.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
58 Comments
Bijals
First Steps

Please bring back the share button. I’m in daily challenges that require me to share my dashboard. I Understand that there is a share dashboard option but it allows to share the latest steps. There is no option to share previous day's dashboard. It was easier when the share button was there. Now I have to take screenshot of steps which doesn't show the date. Please add the share button or at least give us the option to share previous day's dashboard!! Thanks.

PROWExplorer
Jogger

Fitbit app no longer functional for use without sharing dashboard option. Fitbit Community’s suggestion of going through the community, running man icon, and sharing dashboard only works for that day. I want to share previous days with stats on photo as I’ve always been able to do. New app pointless and not functional, seems like I may have to go to Apple Watch soon if Fitbit are going to loose all their decent functions.

ajiamarie
Jogger

Please bring back the share button. This is used by groups all over the world to facilitate challenges. Thank you.

firebirdta
Keeping Pace

Please bring back the share icon for all the different items on the dashboard and in the appl. One should be able to share one accomplishments in real time and  particularly the next. Part of the fun of the Fitbit, I feel, is being able to taunt, or encourage, other users. Also, being able to post the previous days make it fun for people being to claim the days bragging rights for the previous days. A little friendly competition helps to maintain motivation. Bring back the share icon please!

(is that too much? Sorry, but I'm really passionate about this.)

Moderator edit: format

TinasBIGcfree
Jogger

Please! Please! Put the share button back in the app, like everyone else, I used it everyday. It makes no sense at all to have removed it.

Moderator edit: format

kcrp
Stepping Up
Think of iphone device location sharing, but in fitbit have the option to dashboard share so we can share information with friends of our choosing and vice versa so we can check in on eachother and send encouragements. Can be ongoing not time limited.
Brodyramone
First Steps

Really disappointed that fit it took away the share option when it comes to dally stats. And the only way they'll bring the option back is if they have enough votes? I can't imagine it takes that much code to do. I've been a diehard fitbit user for a while and the loss of this feature may very well make me change to an apple watch.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @kcrp, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to share your dashboard with your friends. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.