Call and text notifications for Windows Phone

Add Caller ID and text notifications support for Fitbit devices on Windows Phone, please! 🙂

Moderator Edit: Edited labels.

233 Comments
cmgilbertson
Jogger

I would think with the Iwatch coming out soon that fitbit might want to try and compete with a good windows version of the surge. Let see Apple has a heart rate monitor and message alerts. Fitbit has the same for Iphone. When the most Fitbit features support Iphone it almost like you are asking people to go and buy the I watch . We need windows products that can blow apple out of the water. 

Scottysmaps
First Steps

Hello.  Yes please.  Let's add Caller ID support for the Windows Phone App

Doudar
Jogger

Same here, a bit dissapointed to find no Call notificarion for the windows phone 8.1 Denim.

John

mrocd
First Steps
Can't someone create 3rd party?

Sent from my Windows Phone
DLP666
First Steps

Having call and sms notifications is such a simple thing to accomplish for Windows Phone 8.1 users! I sent in a comment to FitBit asking when WP 8.1 users could expect an app that would provide the same access and capabilities that are available to iPhone and Android users.  The response I got was pathetic and without any redeeming qualities or information.

Come on FitBit...get on the ball and get this same level of interactive capability added for WP 8.1 users of your product.  Otherwise, now that Microsoft Band has improved product availability with FAR, FAR more capabilities for Windows Phone users, I will dump my Charge HR, tell my friends and work colleagues who also have Windows Phone to not even consider your product as it is poorly supported...and go out to buy Microsoft Bands!!!  Now, are you going to do something positive...or give me the same pathetic "oh, I don't know" BS I received from Stephani?!?!?

KarinP
Runner
It's bad enough that the new ChargeHR does not support the call notification feature in Windows phones that they do in iOS and Android but was really disappointed the the WP ChargeHR app does not even show the heart rate data on the phone app dashboard. All those new feature ideas are great but when are you going to provide Windows phone users with the minium of what your other customers get? I specifically waited for the ChargeHR so I could easily monitor my heart rate during exercise sessions. When will you stop treating Windows phone users like second class citizens!
Michael
5K Racer

@KarinP I don't think they are treating us like second class citizens. The Windows Phone app was started much later and is making very good progress in catching up to iOS and Android. (In fact it has even gotten some features before Android.) With the release today that includes Mobile Run I think they are very close to having feature parity.

Fitbit has said that they are working on call notifications and will release it as soon as they can.

As far as live HR with the Charge HR they say that it is currently an OS limitation and they are waiting for Microsoft to fix it.

KarinP
Runner
Michael, thanks for that feedback. Where did you learn all that? I asked customer service and they suggested I make a request on the new features forum.

Sent from Karin's phone.
Michael
5K Racer

@KarinP All of that comes from posts in the Windows Phone App forum. The Fitbit manager, TristanR, over the Windows platform is very active in the forum and fairly open about what their plans are and what the problems are. (From what I have seen more so than the managers over the iOS and Android apps.)

They tend not to share ETAs/timelines, but that is fairly common since so many things can impact the delivery dates.

Scott68
First Steps

Since I can't vote for this thread, I'll add a comment.  Please fix the Windows 8.1 app to include Call Notifications.

SamCat
Base Runner

Please support text and call notification on the Surge for Windows Phone. I'm afraid that it is a deal breaker for me, otherwise. As much as I like my old FitBit Flex, I won't consider a Surge without this feature.

stavrosd2006
Jogger

Agree,please add this feature in wp8.1 and wp10.it is pity windows users to be left outside,i own a surge,i paid 250 euro and i cannot use all of its features.

vickybirtles
First Steps

It's about time Windows Phone was recognised - this would be a great feature, please get coding! 🙂

Ara123
First Steps

It would be nice for the notification feature to work with a windows phone

lpsb
First Steps

I agree it would be great to get all the functions working on the Charge HR, it would also make me think about upgrading to the Surge.

papaHoth
First Steps

Yesterday bought Charge and big big disappointment from not having caller id feature on my Windows mobile. It’s nice and good product but without this feature its only half and if I knew it I could buy some cheaper stuff.

Please I strongly believe you add it soon and I could recommend your product to my colleague at work. We use Nokia as a company phone so there is many potential customers.

Make your customer happy Smiley Happy

JDC22
First Steps

Dear Fitbit:

What is the status on this?  I bought the FitBit Charge HR because I thought it was Windows Phone compatible.

I'll be honest - I am on the fence of sending this thing back because of the problems I have had so far with my regular Charge. 

I am also not happy with some other features but I will wait and see if you guys are able to get caller id to work.

Jeff_Borghoff
First Steps
Please add Charge HR Caller ID support for Windows Phones.
Dawn214
Recovery Runner

I bought the Charge thinking I would get the call notifications as it said it is compatible with Windows.  I now realise that it meant the app is but not call notifications.  The website is misleading. The support desk had to send me the link to find the pdf which says call notifications are not available on Nokia windows phones.  I returned the Charge as it doesn't do what I really wanted it for in addition to tracking. 

If I knew that the Call Notifications feature would be available on Windows phones in the near future I would buy one (again) now if I could run an update to make it work. At the moment I'm undecided whether to buy a cheaper fitbit or look at other makes...

Doctore
Stepping Up

Please FitBit Make it happen i have a Lumia 635 and i so bad need that notifications functions! I only bought your product becuse it have WP support, so please i beg you, we need that!

sonnt
First Steps

Please add this feature to windows phone app

agegg
Jogger
I recently purchased the Charge HR and am very satisfied with the product overall. However, I am disappointed that the caller ID doesn't work with any of the windows phone platforms. Please add this feature to enhance the fitbit experience for windows phone users.
sangriaman
First Steps
Hi. I just purchased a Charge HR and i would really like to have the call notifications and the silent alarm functions to work with my Lumia 535.
DeepEyes
First Steps
I'm enjoying my Fitbit but like everyone else it would be great to have the option to receive notifications and texts on Windows Phone 8.1. This option would work well for those of us who want a little bit more "smart phone" options with our Fitbit.
Aukill
Jogger

This is an important feature missing in Windows Phone... Please add it... (on top of that Windows Phone has the Acessory App to help you with that)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.