Call and text notifications for Windows Phone

Add Caller ID and text notifications support for Fitbit devices on Windows Phone, please! 🙂

Moderator Edit: Edited labels.

233 Comments
Loriet
First Steps
Thanks Jon. I spoke to my husband and he says he can backup my existing software, app’s etc and then put in the new software and if the new software becomes a problem he can restore my phone to what it is today. How do I get to the Fall Creators Update? I see that if I select Settings>update and security it then only shows the Windows Insider Program. Where is the Fall Creators Update?

Thanks very much for taking the time answer my questions and walk me through this. It is very much appreciated!

Lorie
userzero
Runner

Call/Text notification work sporadically on my phone.

I'm on a Lumia 950xl with the Fall Creators update. Just updated the Fitbit app and firmware for my Surge recently.

At this point though I'm just really happy that Fitbit hasn't pulled all support for Win 10 Mobile. 🙂

ItComputes
First Steps
It will install once on insider program. Just need to install update for phone that is it . In your fitbit app makesure you turn on notifications. That should be it.
Loriet
First Steps

Ron,
My husband backed up my 950xl and made sure all updates were installed and then he did the settings> windows Insider program and then set the phone for slow for the Choose your insider level and nothing happened. Should he have chosen the fast insider level so it would download the build? Anyway, that’s where we are. Any suggestions on how to make this work. By the way, when you choose the slow path it says it could be some time before you receive the build.

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Dirtbiker13
Stepping Up

I'm so disappointed that my personal windows phone does not notify me of text or calls from my Fitbit Surge

These are costly watches, without a key feature present on less expensive trackers.

I would not have bought the watch if I had known this

PLEASE SORT THIS OUT!

trbryant
First Steps
Mine is working on Windows 10 Mobile 15254. It’s been working for months.
Sent from my Windows 10 phone
ClwydJ
Jogger
Good day to you all.

Just to clarify. I was a user only, just like you. I was a Windows phone user, just like you. I was also a Fitbit wearer, just like you. You will notice that I use the term 'was', and that's because I ditched them all. Totally and utterly disappointed by all parties concerned. I spent a lot of money upgrading from a Windows phone 8 to 10 because I was told that was the problem, only to find that it wasn't. I have been getting replies to my original post for far too long for any user to be happy with the support from any of the manufacturers of the phone or watch. I have jumped ship to rival phone and smart watch manufacturers. Whilst I loved how my old phone looked, the world of apps has now been opened to me.

Thank you

Get Outlook for Android
DD55
First Steps

I have windows phone 950 and just purchased the fitbit flex 2 - I can't seem to get call or text notifications any suggestions?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.