Calorie surplus diet plan

You should be able to choose a food plan than requires weight/muscle main that requires a calorie surplus. You should be able to enter goal calories not deficit goal cals. Only an available is weight loss or maintainance. Also to be able to manually put in your BMR as fitbit drastically under estimates mine making mine very invalid.
9 Comments
rjsttee
First Steps

100% agree, especially on the manual BMR.  Seems to be a frequently brought up, known issue, that FitBit's BMR calc is not great. allowing this to be manually adjusted, or imported from a smart scale would be really helpful, and seems like a small, easy fix.

I think all of the calorie data is suspect due to this (if mine was correct i would be losing pounds a week...)

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Emmac01, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to choose calorie surplus diet plan on the Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

grxce1
First Steps
It would be nice if there was also a food plan to eat in a calorie surplus. Not everyone wants/needs to lose weight. Some people need to gain weight.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @grxce1, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see calorie surplus diet plan with Fitbit. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Jessicac3
Jogger

Please add the upvotes on this topic to the other topics asking for you to add weight gain programs and features. This is the third topic I have seen now asking for these types of features to be added and I’d like Fitbit development team to take this request seriously.

Emmac01
First Steps

Its a fairly basic feature request too.

SangerPanger
First Steps

Yes, shouldn't this be an obvious option for a fitness product, being underweight is actually more unhealthy than overweight, how this have been missed as an option for so many years since the first product is stunning. I feel hustled and fooled by their marketing. I explicitly search for a kcal tracking smart watch and people rated the Fitbit charge 5 as the best watch out there that hade everything, yeah everything except making sure you're in an anabolic window to get fitt... After buying it I feel some what scammed, first you buy the watch and then you need to pay a monthly fee to get the full experience? And to top it all off, it doesn't even give you the option to stay within you kcal surplus goal... Jesus... I'm contemplating returning this product and canceling my membership immediately.

Daryl2023
First Steps

Please add this feature. I am trying to gain muscle and need to be in a calorie surplus each day. Would ver much like this feature.

stevengg
First Steps

Please add a weight gain feature 😓 would love to not have to do math in my head every time check my 'calories left for the day'. thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.