Calories burned challenge

Not all exercises are walking or running. So couldn't we have a Calories burned challenge? It would be more inclusive of all types of exercise, and would give a better challenge than say an active minutes challenge, because one person can have 30 active minutes at a higher intensity than another person. So you really can't gauge who has pushed harder. Also, the calories burned challenge would be a bit more fair as everyone's fitness level and weight are different so they burn calories differently. 

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CynnyK. Thanks for sharing your suggestion about having a challenge based on calories burned with us! This is a great idea and I'm sure others will also love it! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Celest8002
First Steps

We need to have a challenge option based on calories burned. Then my burpees and spin class can be worth more then then just a step. 😁

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Celest8002! This is a great idea and thanks for explaining why you'd like to have challenges that are based on calories burned. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Don’t forget to post a comment and click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

GreenGardener
First Steps

A calorie count idea might be the best way forward for the older generation too.  As well as the usual auto recognised exercises such as walking, running, cycling etc, perhaps a general auto recognised exercise that is sensitive to general movement, for instance the inclusion of the energy expended during gardening activities.  I find the 'active minutes' that is recorded on my Fitbit is not a true representation of the exercise I do on a daily basis.  It can be quite discouraging if you have been working strenuously clearing ground of weeds and yet the Fitbit records zero minutes activity!  

Jezorama
First Steps

How is this not a thing. Just bought a fitbit with the expectation of having similar features to apple devices. Silly me, will promptly return it.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.