Panic attack detecter

I've been struggle with panic attacks for awhile now and it would be great if my fitbit could alert me of a panic attack before it happens

Moderator edit: updated label

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lara-O. This is a great idea and thanks for explaining why you'd like to get an alert on your Fitbit before having a panic attack with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Dunekn
5K Racer

Hello @Lara-O 

can you describe the symptoms of panic attacks which can be detected by the fitbit smartwatches?

BR

Lara-O
First Steps

Hello @Dunekn 

The symptoms of a panic attack that can be detected by fitbit are, your heart rate increases and how fast you are breathing. 

Dunekn
5K Racer

Hum

fitbit sensors don't look at breathe frequency and increase of heart rate can occur during normal sport activities.

I don't know how detect panic attack. Sorry

Abbs
Recovery Runner

I know the Apple Watch can sense when you need to breathe. I have a co-worker who has an Apple watch that can sense or tell that she is getting all worked up / stressed / anxious and needs to calm down or take a breathe and it alerts her. I thought that would be a nice feature to have on a fitbit too.

fibby
Base Runner

Fitbit safe ? - Is heart rate and accelerometer accurate enough to be used as an elderly safety monitoring device ? In case of unusual change in heart rate, impact or a combination of these, the watch will send a message out (with location) via the phone to a designated phone, via whatsapp, e-mail, etc. Even better, to include a panic button as well.   

The reliability of the monitoring can even be enhanced with data sending to Google AI for analysis.

Odyssey13
Community Legend

@fibby  Fitbit is not a medical device. Anyone concerned about their heart and balance should get with a qualified health care professional. Fitbit can't be responsible for someone not properly wearing a device and it not recognizing a fall or an irregular heartbeat. As time goes on, I would think Fitbit would get even more sophisticated, but not at this time.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @fibby, this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon. You can also vote for these other suggestions: 

I hope to see you around.

Marcelotk
Jogger

I don't know how Samsung smartphones measure stress level, but I think those phones have the same sensors as the versa 2 or charge 3.

My wife had panic attacks before and I don't think it can be detected before it happens, but detecting a sudden spike in stress levels for long periods of times that could be a panic attack and send alerts to me (as family) would be a great help.

As hard as it is to happen with someone, I think if released, there must be an option to ignore those spike in stress levels as I could be doing some racing or skydiving and never ever have had any attack.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.