Camera built into Fitbit Products

The next Fitbit device should have a front facing camera(including microphone) built into the hardware. It should support at least 720p video recording and taking photos. It should have bluetooth integrated so the videos/photos can be transferred to an ios/android device. The camera should have at least 10GB of internal storage space.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lancer1144, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a camera built into Fitbit devices. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would never buy a smart watch or fitness tracker that has a camera built-in. No way. Nope. Heck no! At least with my phone I have the ability to prevent the camera from spying on me (rogue misbehaving app, or other issue) by leaving my phone outside of the bathroom or bedroom, yet with my watch always being on my wrist it would be impossible to prevent misuse of such a "feature." No thanks!

Betsexton
First Steps
A small body camera w/ GPS. Additional component OnStar or a “panic” button that automatically calls the local police. The device is worn on the chest or head, not wrist. ensuring a full view is captured no matter what the wearer is doing. Collaborate w/ fitness co. to develop running gear, shirts, and hats, with a pocket for the camera.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Betsexton, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a camera into Fitbit products. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Betsexton
First Steps
Thank You!
All the best,
Betsy

--
Betsy Sexton
404-787-3932
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.