Challenge Notifications on Tracker's Screen

Challenge Notifications

I find the push notifications for the Workweek Hustle and more recently the Adventure Challenges great for motivation.

I think that a good update would be for these notifications to be sent through to the Fitbit itself.  Having a buzz on my wrist and a notification to tell me that I am 'About to pass...' or '... is about to take the lead...' would be very motivational too!

I feel it would be a simple but highly effective upgrade to what is already a fantastic product.

I hope others from the Fitbit Community feel the same way.

Cheers!

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

16 Comments
MrBreadWater
Recovery Runner

If you had all day sync on, you should be able to see how you're doing in the challenge and get updates. I didn't have time to fully make my idea into an image but this is a sample of what it would look like:fitbit-charge-hr-heart-rate-and-activity-wristband.jpg

As you can see, the Daily Showdown icon is shown, and all the updates you get on your phone from the Fitbit App would show up on your tracker. As I said, this works because of the All Day Sync feature. Thanks for reading, whoever happens to be reading this. Please vote my idea so it can happen!

wildfire
First Steps

I keep getting challenge notifications, but as far as I know there is no way to view the graph of challenge participants' progress from the notifications. The graph should always be visible when viewing the challenge chat. As it is now, I have to completely exit the challenge chat, go from my dashboard to the challenge menu, and select the specific challenge to view the graph.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello Woman Happy I saw this and I liked it, I think it would be great to have a feature like this one. It would help to know how you are doing on a challenge!

Keep sharing your suggestions! Woman Wink

PeterT.
First Steps

Please can i sugest that the in app notifications are displayed on the Charge 2 tracker

MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @PeterT., would you mind to specify what notifications you want to see on your Charge 2 display? 

Notifications.jpg

At this time those are the trackers which receive notifications and those type of notifications. Do you want to include another one specifically?

PeterT.
First Steps

Hello

Sorry i didnt make it clear what i was sugesting. the extra notifications i am sugesting are the Fitbit app notifications. they currently show on my phone but it would be good to see them on the tracker. so when they say your nearly catching the person you are in competion withn or they are ahead of you etc or any messages you get sent with in the app.

Many Thanks Peter

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Then @PeterT. This would make your request a duplicate, which has been merged. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I think this is a great and very motivational idea to keep up with the challenges and adventures. I would personally love to receive a notification informing my status in the challenge. It could be a notification along with a vibration giving the messages we receive on our mobile devices. That would be really fun! Thanks for sharing your suggestion! Let's keep voting for it! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have notifications on,  so get a vibration when I receive a text message.  Why can't the charge 2 Vibrate when someone sends a message via the fitbit app,  or when I have a challenge message.  Ie that someone has overtaken me.  The message shows on my phone,  but would like it on the device. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

To display on charge 2 notification for my current challenge.  This could be a message someone has posted within the fitbit app, or a league table showing what position I am currently in.

srout1986
First Steps

We are in a workweek hustle every week but it seems the only way to check progress is to open the app. Would be nice to see the same status on the blaze itself. Just an idea and something as a customer to see as an update .

TylerDur
First Steps

I'm in many challenges where we are all very close together - therefore the leader is constantly changing. It would be amazing to have more control over the notifications (they are great for motivating me but there's too many). I'd love the option to set times to get an update - like 3 or 4 times a day. That way I'd still be motivated by notifications to move...but I wouldn't get 10+ notifications a day. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@srout1986 what phone do you have? 

Both the Android and iPhone can do this. 

Go to Blaze - Notifications. - app notifications. - add the Fitbit App to the list. 

Greyman43
First Steps

Please look into updating your app so if we decline an invite to a challenge, we don’t get daily reminders/updates to join until the challenge is over. It’s not helpful and gets aggravating.

HevB
First Steps

I have a very disappointed son who thought he would get notifications for Family Challenge, for example, on his Ace 2. The only notification an Ace 2 can get is for calls which as he is too young he won't be getting. He won't be getting a smartphone for a very long time. Thank you.

Status changed to: Existing Feature
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MBarnes84 and commenters, thanks for sharing your comments and showing your support to this request. I'd like to mention this option already exist. Your Fitbit device can receive notifications to keep you informed, such as text messages, phone calls, and meeting alerts, when your phone is nearby depending on your Fitbit device. This includes push notifications from the Fitbit app, you may need to modify settings specific to your phone. 

Keep sharing your features suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.