Change Notification sound on Android.

Would like the ability to change the notification sound on Android FitBit App.  Currently no option for notification sounds in the setting on Android.

Thank You.

19 Comments
SLMcc
Recovery Runner

Definitely! We need notification sounds! This would be greatly appreciated! 

Juice74
Recovery Runner

I have read a  response from a fitbit moderator, it would be very nice to have the option of setting a notification tone. Right now it uses whatever your general notification is for all notifications. Be nice to know exactly who the notification is from.

SLMcc
Recovery Runner

Definitely hoping this gets added soon! 

montanaterbear
Base Runner

It would be cool if we could get a little sound other than just a flash when the notice shows.

Stevehr
Base Runner

Why write an app that only makes notification sounds on Apple phones?  Apple is only 50% of the market so you are excluding an awful lot of users,of course we want it.

nmsunlover
Stepping Up

Would really like to have notification and cheer sounds on android.

KnitManiac
Recovery Runner

I also wish I could change the notification sounds on my Android app so I can distinguish Fitbit from other apps by sound.

KillerRat007
First Steps

I too would like to get a notification sound when I get a message in the app. Let's make it happen please.

Thanks.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. 

MentalMinion
Recovery Runner

Sounds please, how hard can that be?

BREWSKl
Recovery Runner

Tactical dot

Any update on this thread that was started 3 years ago?

A simple update should fix this, can I get something other than the default sound my phone makes?

cpschumer
Jogger

The notification on my Galaxy S7 drives me crazy. My default sound is just a ding, but Fitbit always makes it ding 2 or 3 times per notification. If I get several notifications at the same time (as I often do from Challenges), the sounds go on and on. I don't see any way to make the notifications silent or change them from the default. (The multiple sounds happen with ANY notification sound - I changed it to a ding because it was the shortest sound.) Please add the option to change the notification from the default sound, and allow the option of "no sound". As it is, I only have the choice between annoying everyone around me with the crazy notifications, or turning off the notifications entirely. 

VladXP
Recovery Runner

It's April, 2019.  I'm just here hoping to see any indication of this feature implementation.  Why do I need to hear any sound when "Someone is on my footsteps" in a challenge. I wish there was a way to mute it, but keep the notifications visible.

abrevo
First Steps

I just want to disable the sounds so I don't think it is a text message or something else important.

Coolahrens68
Jogger

Can you pretty please allow the 50% or more people who use Android change our notification sound????

Beetmeaf
First Steps

I think fit bit is the only app on my phone that doesn't allow me to select a customized notification tone, or have a vibration option. It's 2019, how is this not a thing?

VladXP
Recovery Runner

Doubt this much-needed feature will ever come to light, however, for those of us who get their devices updated to Android 10, we can finally mute a notification while keeping it visible in the notification shade.

Birdman064
First Steps

Would be nice to have an app like Zedge to personally customize device. I did change my clock face to the N64 Goldeneye watch so that's awesome.

darly58
Jogger

Please add even a ding option for notifications.  I sent back a Samsung Active 2 watch because the battery life was awful.  Went back to a Fitbit Versa 2 this time) and that is the only feature I miss from the competitor.  Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.