Change Timezone on Fitbit Without Being Connected To The Internet

For next Charge, let me change the time zone displayed on the watch without being connected to the internet.  This is currently a huge hassle when flying.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

56 Comments
TonABricks
Jogger

Recently I crossed the  Atlantic on a cruise ship where we passed through many time zones, but because I had no access to internet at sea because it was very very expensive, I needed the ability to change my Charge 2 clock manually. App designers, Please create a setting switch on your fitbit app to allow clock changes over simple bluetooth connection to smartfone, where a normal Internet sync is not possible. Thanks. 

Clive_Bates
Jogger

It is helpful to be able to change the time on the watch when travelling through time zones.  In some cases, it is impossible to connect to the internet (on a plane, no wifi, prohibitively expensive roaming, no cell coverage). So it would be helpful to do a 'local sync' between phone and watch that allows for a change of time when there is no internet connection.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Clive_Bates, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Matthew1.2.3
First Steps

I think it would be awesome if Fitbit would develop a way to change the clock on the watch without having to change the time zone and sync. This would be great for people that may not have access to internet and are crossing the time zone. 

Matthew1.2.3
First Steps

BTW: I meant change the time on the watch without having to go through the app. Sorry for any confusion 🙂

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Matthew1.2.3. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have the options to change the time on your Fitbit device with us! This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

phealy7
First Steps

I recently went on a cruise where I had no internet access for a few days and changed timezones several times. It was quite frustrating not being able to change my timezone on my watch, as without internet access I couldn't sync the device to have the change pushed. It would be very nice to be able to set my timezone via settings on the watch.

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@phealy7 Thank you for your suggestion about having an option to change timezone on watch.

I moved it to this thread to keep this board organized and because it is the same idea.

mowermatch
Jogger

It would be great for you to be able to change the time on your Fitbit device rather that having to sync it. If I were to leave my phone at home, and the time is wrong, it would be much better to be able to change the time on the device

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mowermatch, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to change the time on Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ShaunPryszlak
First Steps
Just thought i would post as people have been asking for it for five years now.
We went on holiday to Oz and it involved a new time zone every week. I didn't have any phone data there so I could not change my Charge2 timezone until I found a free wifi. ?!?!?!?!
The option of a mini sync (time and possibly watch face?) would sort this.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ShaunPryszlak, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see change timezone on Fitbit devices without internet connection. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs

SamsBytheSea
First Steps
Implement a feature within the tracker to allow users to manually change the time or time zone without having to sync the tracker with the app via network connectuon
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SamsBytheSea, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to change timezone on Fitbit without being connected To The Internet. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

DaoyinEF
Jogger
Change the time displayed on my Charge 2 Fitbit even if I have no mobile or internet connection
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DaoyinEFThanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to change the time on your Fitbit device without the need of internet connection. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

It is absolutely absurd that one cannot set the time of their watch from their watch.
You should not have to OWN a mobile smart device to use a fitbit watch regularly.
There are an uncountable number of reasons i could list off for this. I cannot fathom why it would be mandatory to have a smart device. Great accessibilty Fitbit.....
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jon.bloodworth, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about having an option to edit watch time without needing to sync. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Drtolson
Recovery Runner
I would like an app/feature to be able to set the time on the watch itself manually (like a 'real' watch), without having to do it through sync'ing with a device. I'd also like the option to NOT have the time on the watch automatically updated during sync with a device.
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Drtolson - good idea - have a look at other suggestions to vote for, such as

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Change-Timezone-on-Fitbit-Without-Being-Connecte... 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Drtolson, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to change the time zone on your Fitbit device without having to sync with the Fitbit app. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

justkeepwalking
Base Runner
Is there a way to have your Fitbit show the correct time while traveling without internet? Just went on 2 week cruise and didn’t get the internet package so I did not seem to be able to set time.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @justkeepwalking, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to change the time of your Fitbit device without internet with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

justkeepwalking
Base Runner
Need some way to change the time on watch while traveling when an internet connection is not available. Possible under settings.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @justkeepwalking, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to change the time on watch while traveling when an internet connection is not available. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.