Change background colors in app

Just an app improvement idea, I would love if we could change screen colors in the app. When I can share and change it to the black and blue background, I would love to have my dashboard and such that color! Thanks!

134 Comments
Lynkara
First Steps

White hurts my eyes and perfer away to tone it down. Hopefully they will allow changes in future upgrades. My eyes will thank you 😁

IcebergShorty
Jogger

Please let us change colors!!! 

Ciruolo
First Steps

I would love to be able to change the background to the dark theme in the Fitbit app. 

Orchidsvb
First Steps

The aqua background in challenges is so very hard to read!  PLEASE consider giving us options to change background colors.  Even the white background makes it very difficult to read sometimes.  Please allow us to switch to a deep blue or black background, have a heart for some of us that certain colors makes it very difficult to read. Give those of us that are buying up your product and making you rich some options!!!!  PLEASE!

annie1962
First Steps
I didn't believe that when I started this thread that so many of you would comment! Having said that, I'm a tad disappointed that there's been no response from Fitbit!... are forums a waste of time?
Jander14
First Steps

Would love this option 

OMalley1
First Steps

I was wondering about the dark background as well.  Is this something in the works?

Thanassi360
Jogger

That would be cool.

Also, for those with CSS knowledge, it would be cool to have the ability to add custom styling, either in the app or via the Web dashboard. 

TB5918
Base Runner

I'd love the option of a "Dark Mode" toggle in the settings. Firing up the app at night burns out my retinas.

fitbit-dark-app.png

SharonColes
First Steps

Those with challenges to their vision (like dyslexia) would be very grateful for a dark background, such as the navy blue. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please make different colour schemes available for the dadhboard background, white is too bright!

Cedez
Jogger

Got really excited when i found the share and could do the dark backgrou d. Would be so much better for me anything i can have darker the better. Was sad when it was only to share... Seems pointless to change the color just to share 😞

It would be great to change the dashboard to something besides color too like my choose of pictures.

DD9090
Recovery Runner

Please introduce a dark version of the app, White is hurting my eyes at night. 

Nnyman
First Steps

When will be able to have a dark background? White is horrible and hurts my eyes. 

Moncheche
First Steps

Would love to have customization options in app.  The bland white is not very inspiring.

NancyA001
First Steps

Please add another vote for color scheme options. I can barely read the white print and the teal/white combination is killing my eyes.

Nate-556
First Steps

Diddo to all above! Why hasn't this happened yet? 

annie1962
First Steps
It hasn't happened yet because as I've pointed out earlier, when I started this thread, It's evident that no one fro Fitbit monitors this forum! Oh dear Fitbit! Why have a forum if you're not going to look at the community's suggestions?

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
connoisseuse
Jogger

I'm color blind and cannot tell the difference between the "light" and "intense" colors on the bar chart on the dashboard (Windows PC fitbit.com display). Can you please either allow me to alter the colors or choose colors that are clearly different for the color-blind (e.g. blue for one of the colors). Thanks.

Anonymous1234
First Steps

I agree, there needs to be the option for a dark mode. 

DD9090
Recovery Runner

I cannot believe that we still have no option to change to dark mode. 

I would have thought that this would have been a very basic request. 

Omi1979
First Steps

Yes, please to all of the above, would love be to be able to customise my dashboard.

ArunMohandas
Jogger

FitBit: Any idea when this will be implemented? I guess this is a simple change for the IOS/Andriod developers in your team to do. Also very surprised why this was not there in first place.

Paterjt
First Steps

One other possible benefit to including the option to manually choose your personal interface color scheme would be that of longer battery life on one's phone if one would opt to choose a darker color scheme. 

Please Fitbit, upgrade the program to help us users who want/need the choice of different color scheme options.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.