Change the user interface

I upgraded the app on my Android a month or so ago and the new interface and goal reaching signals are not as fun anymore! The new interface looks boring and isn't as motivating and colorful with the bubbles. It would be great if we had the option to choose between bubbles, confetti, or other options. I loved the colorful confetti and the looked forward to seeing it when I met my goals each day. If I'd known that the UI would change this much, I would not have upgraded. Feels like this design has gone backwards. It's less motivating than the previous UI.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

11 Comments
stridermax
Recovery Runner

Please, change it updates the UI to something better and more readable. The new UI for 2019 is very unpleasant and difficult Rob looks at I miss being able to see all or most of my tiles side by side. The social media vibe to scroll they my HR, Activity, Weignt, etc Is just annoying and again, doesn't read well. Please take a look at updating the UI again to something that works.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for making a request to change the user interface @CocoLT.

Let's see what other Community members think and once any change is available it will be communicated as soon as possible.

offblast
First Steps

I agree, the goal bubbles used to turn bright green when the goals had been reached. Now it is the same dark color as the unfulfilled goals. It's may be a detail but strangely it's much less motivating.

suchmeerkat
First Steps

I agree completely! And I almost felt embarrassed saying that I feel so much less motivated because of the color scheme, it feels very dull. The list also removes the “at a glance” feature I found so helpful.  Especially for going over calories, I had no idea until I noticed the little slash, whereas the older version you can see where it turned red to indicate going over. Id love an option for different colors and celebration effects, right now I feel very disappointed even when I complete something. 

efit01
Base Runner

Couldn't agree more! I hate the new look of the app dashboard. I want the tiles, colors, confetti, everything back.

Riversue
Recovery Runner

Normally I am all for change and improvement but I feel the change to the new interface is a bit disappointment.   The impact for me was surprising.    I am actually walking less since the change -the bland colour/ small icons /too much text with the ideas i dont want  to read (this should be optional to turn on or off the suggestions) and the lack of the “green celebration” when you achieve all your goals, has removed some of the desire to open the app and see how I am doing and therefore I am not pushing myself as much.  Where I would almost always complete a 12k day and often 15k I am now doing under. 10 K.  Who knew gold stickers could drive behaviour so much.    In you next update please consider the following:

1 choice of tile in banner style or squares as before ( user could toggle)

2 info banner either could be toggled on on off or moved the the bottom

3 bring back the green day - make it more colourful when a target has been met either individually or as a whole

4 allow me to add exerise - there is activity I do when I am not wearing the watch.  I want to have credit for it in my active minutes

5 make the icons bigger and brighter

hope you will consider the constructive feedback.  I am trying not to be critical but I truly am disappointed.   The only new feature that seems to be interesting is the sleep score. 

Sue

thr33boyMom
First Steps

I have no idea if this is the place to say the new update is a mess. It is so confussing I cant even find where to figure out how to use it or where to go to comment on it. IT is so cumbersom that is now nothing more than a glorified pedometer I cant track or find where they've hidden the things I want tracked & who wants to scroll thru a ton of menus to find something that just used to be right there.  Sorry if this comes across as a rant but since it has taken me weeks just to find someplace to put a comment shows its a bad product (new coke anyone) roll out

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@thr33boyMom Thanks for your suggestion to change the Fitbit app interface and the website format.

I moved it to this thread in order to keep this board organized and because it is the same idea.

coolsam
Jogger

The old UI was one strong reason why I liked using Fitbit. I understood at a glance my activity during the day. I just don't see how this new layout is better than the previous. It feels raw more like a first attempt at putting all data on a page. Its my entire activity I am interested in, presented in a well structured snapshot like way - not a blog-style linear list. Current form is difficult to absorb / interpret.  

Birdy60
First Steps

I absolutely hate the new App design after recent ‘upgrade’ please change it back immediately. It’s clunky, difficult to find all your information and looks horrible. Why oh why has it changed so much. Soooo disappointed 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.