Charge 3 Built-in GPS

If the next Charge 3 would have a built-in GPS and if it is water resistant, then it will be definitely the best activity tracker!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & Edited Title.

13 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

2 weeks on a battery would be great too 😉

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Runner623
First Steps

I love the Fitbit Charge 2. I wear it everyday. I go on runs frequently, and I like to wear a sports watch to track miles. I think many people love the Charge 2, and some althletes would love a built in GPS on such a slim watch. I don’t usually like having to carry my phone on runs to track my mileage or pace. The charge 3 came out today, and I know it does not have a built in GPS. Hopefully in the future, the charge will have a special addition built in GPS!?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @brulll and commenters. Thanks for this suggestion. Charge 3 is water resistant up to 50M so you can track time in the pool or wear it in the shower. With regards to in-built GPS, that is a hardware change so couldn't be implemented on Charge 3 itself (which has connected GPS) but we can take that feedback into account for future development. Thanks.

Narm
Runner

+1 for a special edition with GPS. 

I don't care about battery life or fitbit pay. 

There is a place for a tracker in 150€ - 200€ range with a built-in GPS in the market. 

sremick
Recovery Runner

GPS draws a LOT of battery. So does wifi.

I appreciate that my fitbit can go a week between charges. I always have my phone with me anyway, so having the Fitbit pull the GPS from the phone is totally fine.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @brulll and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like to see the added feature of built in GPS on charge 3. I live in Alberta, Canada, where we have snow most of the year so my training happens inside. It would be great to see a built in GPS on the charge 3 to track indoor track training.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I also have a small wrist and the ionic face is too big for my wrist.

Status changed to: New
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @SunsetRunner  ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! 

AnjHook
Jogger

The ionic is the only Fitbit that has built in GPS & is water resistant. I am a female with small wrist. The ionic is a perfect Fitbit but too big. I had Fitbit flex and now charge 2. Would it be possible to introduce a more slimline option like the size of the charge 2 or 3?

Also charge Fitbits to have compatible wrist band. I have 5 different ones for charge 2 that would not be compatible with charge 3.

Thanks

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AnjHook, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You also had shared a unique suggestion to have compatible bands for our Fitbit devices. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Repost your other ideas as individual Feature Suggestions by clicking ‘Add New Suggestion’. I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.