Charge 5 Customize clock faces colors

The clock faces on the Charge 5 are in color, but I can't select the colors. So a clock face can look good in form, but nog in color.
Would be nice if I could selectd a color for a face.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
74 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lt_Data, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about the possibility of customizing the clock faces or colors on the Charge 5. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Ingy
Recovery Runner

Upvoted.  They are too retro for my liking. I like simple interfaces so customization would be good or even just some more simple ones added by Fitbit if its easiest.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A plain watchface, e.g. with only the time, where you can change the color, would be great. Especially at work, something simple would be nicer, so that not everyone sees the statistics directly.

ShorteyGirley
First Steps

I would also like to see clock faces with more than one stat available, and the option to have users customize which stats (and the order!!) in which they appear. This has been a standard in the past: you could pick which stats showed up on your tracker and rearrange them as you liked. I personally couldn't care less about distance but have started to gain interest in number of floors of stairs since working in a multi-story building...this is irrelevant to someone else. We should have the option of making this decision on our activity trackers.

Orlanos
Jogger

I too would be keen to see options for customizations of watch colours, as well as designing my own style watch faces to share. 

Tristannyc
Runner

I would like to see the community be able to create clock faces for the Charge 5 like they can for the Versa and Sense line. This is the most popular band for Fitbit, this would be great income for creators and fitbit!

fionac
Tempo Runner

I would also like to be able to customise the date format; I'm in the UK and we use day/month not month/day as in the US.  I'd like to be able to set that up on the tracker.

zeroskyx
Jogger

Or allow us to create clock faces on the website and upload them to our Charge 5 via the app (ie select a template, select the color palette, select which stats to show + in which order). 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Orlanos, thanks for explaining why you'd like to customize the Charge 5 clock faces with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Wibby
Interval Runner

I agree!  I would particularly like a white, beating heart with your heart rate number that turns red when you're earning zone minutes.

I'm coming from a Charge 4 and I really always wanted the heart to be able to change to red.  It was an outline that filled in when your heartrate was in the zone.  Now, it seems the heart is static.  It would be nice to have, I think.

It was kind of reassuring and relaxing to see your heart start beating again on the clock face when you put it back on after charging.

Edited to add:  I just moved about a bit and saw that my heart starts visibly pulsing when I'm in the zone!  I'd still prefer my suggested version though...

stephe_k
First Steps

I agree on the 3rd party faces, and/or a heart themed clock face, I don't care about the other stats.

Borgi
Keeping Pace

I love analog clock face but most of the clock face are pink in color. The "Tracks" clock face are ok but it doesn't have the other info on it. Can you give us a proper analog clock face? Or like what they said can we customize the clock faces.

Talyda
Recovery Runner

Also agreeing with OP! I actually quite like that first clock face it comes with, but the colours are very definitely not for me! Having that fave with customisable colours would be fantastic 😃

---------------

Oh, I can't edit my post? 
Hrmm, well, I wanted to add, that I like the first clock face EXCEPT for the fact that it has the date backwards, I just remembered that =P It has the month then the day (today would show as 10/22 instead of 22/10 like the majority of the world)

Colorable
Jogger

I love the slash watch face, I just wish I could change the color

Borgi
Keeping Pace

Can we have a clock face thats look like the "California" but without the Pink and green triangle on it , instead replace that with minute line/dot. Or give us back the analog clock faces from charge 3/4. Or like what the original post said can we customize clock faces.  

Kissyrabbit
First Steps

Yes  what is the point of a colour screen when i can't choose a colour theme that i like, i wish there was multiple options of colours and could choose  what is always on stats. As i can only use 1 face the slashed as it is the only 1 with the always on stats that use.

Lomeki
First Steps

Personally I dislike ALL of the Charge 5 clock faces, because they all have either a weird layout or a color scheme that I don’t care for. There is nothing simple and straightforward.

Please add color customization AND the ability to choose what stats show up AND the ability for users to create custom clock faces! I want more choices!

FBGerbil
Recovery Runner

Currently have a Charge 4 which has clean faces with multiple stats. Eg retro double stat. The Charge 5 ones all look bad. We need multiple stats with a clean layout and the ability to change the colour. 

Camsy
First Steps

Just adding in my two cents that I'd also like to see some customisation available. So many of the designs look 'cool' or 'unique' when you first see them but fail when it comes to functionality. I want to be able to read the data I'm look at with a simple glance. It's hard to do that with the current selection of faces. Also small details like being able to remove the unnecessary 0 from the start of the time when reading 12hr time and switching the order of month and date so it's less Americanised would be amazing.

LukmanC
Base Runner

Someone suggested I post this here. Apologies if this feels like a thread hi-jack (if so, let me know and i'll delete this post). I'd mocked up the kind of face i'd like to see. No reason something like this can't be offered in different colours - my idea was for a red/dark red & white theme, simple design - date and time in white, pick one stat to appear at top in right red and rest appear as a block in bottom as dark red. Progress bar on each along with icon and numerical value. it was also suggested that "If there was a way to make the heart beat all of the time, it would be even better!"

(edit: adding a few more examples on in case your designers aren't sure what people are wanting - adding in a sideways one for the cool kids)

ClockFace.jpgClockFace1.jpgClockFace2.jpgClockFace3 - Copy.jpgClockFace3.jpg

ssk_the_gr8
Jogger

@LukmanC This is exactly what we need. A Replica of stats heavy would do too, just with the time, hr, cals, steps, active minutes/miles

jakebsdgeek
Jogger

We want more clock faces for Charge 5. The clock face with more stats in single screen like Live Heartrate, Steps, Activity Minutes, Calories And possibly Daily Readiness Score.

There has to be few clock faces like these.

Fancy clock faces are of no use and should be removed to save memory on the device.

gmcgo
First Steps

I agree with pretty much everything above.  I generally want to use the Charge 5 as an "almost"-smartwatch most of the time as well as a fitness tracker when needed.  I would much prefer a subtle color scheme (even just everything being white) instead of it visually screaming at me every time I want to check the time or a notification.  This is the one thing holding me back to buying the Charge 5.  I would almost buy the Charge 4 because of the B&W screen, even though I want the improved screen brightness and all the other improvements that have been made.

as mentioned above, being able to change the colors would be great and even more ideal would be a watch face designer that we could use to create our own layout/color scheme and then upload to the Charge 5.  This could be a community feature where you could share designs - I'm sure there would be a great response from the community with lots of options available and this could be a huge selling point.

Electromanjim
Base Runner

Please have the heart beats showing all the time. Gave Rhys added back as the heart best shows broken when going into app then beats again after a minute 

Noorwint
Jogger

Agreed with nearly all the above.

Colors are horrible now: I'd rather have it black/white than purple!

Most clock faces are quite useless: much empty space filled with ugly shapes. If empty is the theme, give me something really neutral!

For more statistics, the suggestion from LukmanC is an improvement.

Beating heart would be nice.

Being able to create something online and download it to your watch would be really nice.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.