Charge 5 Customize clock faces colors

The clock faces on the Charge 5 are in color, but I can't select the colors. So a clock face can look good in form, but nog in color.
Would be nice if I could selectd a color for a face.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
74 Comments
TronWolverine
First Steps

Not just colors, but be able to change them and remove parts.  I don't need all that I just need a clock with seconds and date on main screen.  I can go look for what I want.  But this is almost unreadable at a glance when you are in the middle of a high stress situation, as I work in law enforcement.  This is just silly.  Wish I had read more before I purchased this product, my charge 3 is still way better in this regard.

PorcelainPerk
First Steps

Agreed; it'd be nice to customize faces. I'd like to create an information-dense screen that shows as much information as possible: ISO 8601 date, move minutes, steps, calories, distance, heart rate, and whatever other information the API can provide, all in a single no-taps-required interface on the watch face. Very dense, very informative, very useful.

Electromanjim
Base Runner
Yup looks like we all would like to have more faces. I hope they listen to there users and give us more options. I liked the stats heavy face I had in the Fitbit charge 4 which everything was upfront and Center

Sent from my iPhone
ChristineHarris
First Steps

The colours are awful. Why are almost all of them this burnt orange? There's very little variety when it comes to colour. There are only a couple of clock faces I don't hate.  

IDM72
First Steps

Why is it taking so long to do this? 

Arima1
Jogger

My previous Charge 3's screen graphics were perfectly fine. Clean, simple and easy to read and understand. I can't find any clock faces that I like for my new Charge. Some options for clean graphics without the distracting and badly thought out colour schemes please. Happy for people to have the option for the current selections if they really like that kind of thing but really not easy for me to read when I am exercising or when relaxing either. 

Electromanjim
Base Runner
I agree and hopefully they will listen to there users and possible add back something that should be easy to add back with color. The heavy stat was a lot of peoples favourite as everything you needed was in one screen.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
jesusiswaycool
First Steps

I would love a simple analog watchface with a choice of colors (no pink).

jimb310
First Steps

I'm good with the "Progressive" design & layout but I hate the purple / yellow colors. Quite frankly it's the only design layout that I like.  The rest of the designs look like someone tried to make a fashion statement with the display.  Have a few options to show off the creative possibilities with the screen but please look at the functionality of the Charge 3/4 layouts.  Add back in the ones that just worked but provide color choices for personal preference.

kziel1
Recovery Runner

I definitely prefer clockfaces from charge 3 and 4 now. My wife has fitbit luxe and I decided for charge 5 because as I scrolled through her clockfaces I had an impression it is really directed for women. Turns out charge 5 clockfaces are "excentric" in the same way. I miss black and white screen from charge 3/4 now. Color options are must If you've decided for such in-your-face default ones.

Runner1961
First Steps

Charge 5 is a nice product. But I feel who ever designed the faces might have gender identity issues. I have a couple of Samsung watches and there are SOOO many face choices. Then there is a third party company called Facer with 10s of thousands more cool faces. Fitbit needs to wake up and get on board. Reach out to Facer. We want cool watch faces, not 'foo-foo' gender neutrality crap.

Chill-J
First Steps

I just got the charge 5 and i am warming up to it, previously i owned a versa 2. My first impression is that there is a lack of faces. 
As a result it is essential to have colour customization. Please make it happen

Elleirdad
First Steps

Please. The current color schemes limit choices of faces. 

Kim15557
First Steps

I've been using an Alta for several years and love the style and functionality, however I now need the ECG function.  I'm disappointed, though, because I don't like the look of the Charge 5.  It is less refined than my Alta, and I don't like the loud colors.  I would much prefer a white on black display, and I'd also like to see a wider selection of wristbands, since I wear my tracker day in and day out instead of a watch.

Tayshfunk
First Steps
Need clock faces that are practical and what I mean by practical is w/ the stats at the Home Screen & not just bars b/ numbers like that 1st screen we have 2 swipe up to, to see them at-a-glance! & better colors… not the limey pastel colors! We should be able to customize colors.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tayshfunk, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board.  I've moved one into a similar request. You can see the second one here, where you can add your vote to this existing suggestion:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

pdotterw
Jogger

All of the clock faces lack a BATTERY level indicator.    You can get it with a swipe up, but even that is tiny and hard to read.   I want to know the battery level at a glance.

CNNK
Jogger

Agreed! As a guy, the choice of faces seriously sucks right now. I expected more given the other premium features of this watch. A design studio or even open market for others to develop faces we can pick from is an absolute must!

Pari5
First Steps

These colors are garish and distracting. Look like ones for the Joker or other such villains of the comic book era. It would be great to customize and get some better faces in general. 

Chef_Jules
First Steps

This would be cool. Not my top priority, but I agree that it would be nice. I'm not a big fan of any of the clock faces or colors right now.

TronWolverine
First Steps

Four, almost five months, and nothing?  I mean it drives me nuts.  I have to tap my face just to rotate back to steps.  I mean the layouts and colors are awful.  And yet they won't do anything?  This shouldn't be complicated, they have made it complicated.  Please help us enjoy your product as you want us to.  Allow us to make things better.  Because what you have given us is cookie cutter faces, that so many do not like, they make no sense, and are often useless to us.  Please help us!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Need to be able to fine tune the colors on the home screen , I think the looks offered are really awful, have you consumer tested them prior to release? Need more variety.
Marvsuggs
Jogger

I would like to see clock faces with more than one stat available, and the option to have users customize which stats (and the order!!) in which they appear. This has been a standard in the past: you could pick which stats showed up on your tracker and rearrange them as you liked. I personally couldn't care less about distance but have started to gain interest in number of floors of stairs since working in a multi-story building...this is irrelevant to someone else. We should have the option of making this decision on our activity trackers.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi there, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the color of your Charge 5 clock faces with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support, we'll keep tracking this request over time.

professordoozy
First Steps

There also might be an issue for people with color blindness so being able to change this would be nice for those people. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.