Charge 5 Customize clock faces colors

The clock faces on the Charge 5 are in color, but I can't select the colors. So a clock face can look good in form, but nog in color.
Would be nice if I could selectd a color for a face.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
74 Comments
tiswasis
Recovery Runner

Thousands of us with M.E./cfs are advised to use a device to help us monitor our heart rate which unlike most users need to be kept as low as possible.
I have had 4 Fitbits and none of them show the HR in custom zones as soon as you go into that zone which is already too late if you go into cardio ...or worse, peak.
I would love a clock face on the Ch 5 so this facility is available.  Even if you don't get an immediate notification, you can see if the colour changes as soon as you change from one zone to another.
It's way overdue!

Sonente
First Steps

This is a much needed feature. I don’t know why all the skins are so retro. 

Retro looking colours on a modern looking band.

It looks the team that designed the new android, got the Charge 5 job also. 

Boliveira
First Steps

I've been a fitbit fan for a white, I purchase Charge 2, Charge 3 and now Charge 5. Charged 3 was really cool and mine still working great, however I decided to upgrade. Now I got a Charge 5 with color and all but can't change clock face colors, this is super simple? you have this in other clocks like versa, I think. My favourite clock face is fully pink but I'm not a fan of pink. Please add a button to customize color, so we can selected a color we like or at least add a combination of colors that you allow us to choose from. Fibit never been the greatest into customization, but you can be!

jesusiswaycool
First Steps

Agreed. No pink and the option to customize as with other Fitbits is sorely needed. 

ozsolarwind
Jogger

My Charge 4 had a simple, elegant analogue watch face. I'd like the same but not in pink 

Karin_Ka
First Steps

I am a new fitbit user. More options would be nice, but being able to select colour would make some of the current ones more useable. Having custom  RGB colours should not be difficult to add.

Bahadir11
Jogger

hello, anybody hear us 🙂

Tayshfunk
First Steps

Seriously… all that splash about a new clock face, & Bloom was the best you all could come up w/? Come on, maaaaan!? How about a more professional looking face that’s just horizontal, black & white, w/ nothing cut off? Better yet how about give us the option to customize A face, w/ some at a glance options that the user can choose!? People have been making suggestions for better clock faces since the Charge 5 dropped! You say you hear us… b/ clearly your not listening!

Kuu1po
Jogger

Fitbit Hello! There are years of comments on this thread and similar ones about how terrible the Charge 5 clock faces are.  New faces just dropped and they are as terrible as the ones already available.  People just want simple readable designs that show the stats, horizontally, with no weird 1970s vibe.  Or better yet, let people customize their own faces.  A reply from someone in charge of face designs would be helpful to show that we are being listened to.

Completely agree.

The best would be being able to customize clock faces our own, if not possible at least having more options.

For example, I like having all my essential datas on screen, there's just one face with this feature, RUNLINER, my current face.

Some faces with just heart rate, or steps, or most useful datas, I would not even need the clock, or I'll be ok with it being very minimal and small.

After all I'm using a fitness tracker since I'm wearing a watch, otherwise I would have been getting a smartwatch,

Also, even if some will find it convenient, I hate that with some taps on the screen you can change stats, it's pretty common to accidentally tap the screen during the day and it's pretty annoying having to tap multiple times to get the stats I'd like to check.

So please yeah, let's improve faces, that would be pretty much appreciated!

kziel1
Recovery Runner

I was much more satisfied with the choice of clock faces on my charge 3 than the current charge 5. My wife has Luxe model and the choice there is unfortunately a similar - a "get woke go broke" pattern...

storypilot
First Steps

Just got my Charge 5 yesterday. Was kind of flabbergasted that the colors are locked in for the faces. A device this advanced should allow us to choose our own colors. If you don’t like a certain color, it makes many clock faces unusable. 

also seconding that the suggestion that the order of stats be customizable. 

more customization in general would be great, but the colors are essential. We could have fewer & simpler clock faces, with more customization, that would be fine too. 

Saijin_Naib
Jogger

We should have the clockfaces from the older Charge line forward-ported to the Charge 5, and every Charge thereafter.

The Charge 2/3/4 faces were excellent. Super-clear, simple, and many had focused functionality (HR Stat) which can be important for people.

Even better would be finally adding the Charge lineup to the SDK so the Community can address these shortfalls from FitBit if FitBit refuses to do so, which appears to be the case.

kubus
Recovery Runner

how do we change the clock face

JGSoria
First Steps

Just opened up the Fitbit Charge 5 on Christmas morning! Although I loved this present I wanted to ask why there is no color customization on the display? Even being able to choose between 2 different color palettes would add to the user experience

rurbanfl
Jogger

Why is this STILL not addressed? The watch faces are ridiculous. I wear it to be a FITNESS TRACKER yet the only face that shows most of the stats is the ugly slashed face that looks like it was designed as a one-day project submitted by a C- middle school student for their graphic arts class. 

Even my three year old super-basic Inspire2 has a better watch face for tracking stats. Something basic yet with stats. 

Or, open the design store and let the 650 people here make our own watch faces. 

I love the fitness/sleep track features of the Fitbit but the face design is godawful and its an embarrassment that in over a year there has been no feedback from Fitbit. 

rurbanfl_0-1672336192357.jpeg

icarus13
Jogger

Right. So after reading this thread that goes back to 2021, and seeing that so many people have these problems with the watch faces, namely, that they are ridiculously bad in both design and colour scheme, and after seeing that although acknowledged by a moderator this problem has still not been solved, I must say I will never buy a Fitbit the rest of my life. 

Apart from some seriously bad design and colour combinations that would make me not want to look at the screen at all and ashamed if someone saw my watch face, this clearly easy to fix problem is also a sign that Fitbit doesn't care about its customers at all.

Bye bye Fitbit, hello competitors!

kziel1
Recovery Runner

Exactly, get woke, go broke. Sadly

Marvsuggs
Jogger
I'm with you!
friend25
First Steps

+100.

I'd like a watch face like the "Split" view, but when it shows the heart rate, it's not so red. This is because I like to keep the watch always on the heart rate view, but I don't want the heart rate to stand out so much from the clock face design.

Bonus if we can choose the metric we want "always on", and choose which ones tapping toggles between! Some people may only want 1 or 2 metrics to toggle between, like only heart rate and active zone minutes, for example; others may only want to see heart rate and have nothing happen when you tap.

charlyjane
First Steps

Hi it has been so many years

just let us customize our heckin colors

i seriously would not have chosen this device if i had realized i would be stuck with these unaesthetic af colors on my wrist

such a basic feature to drop the ball on

yall deserve this all caps message

moonchicago
Stepping Up

Yes, we all want to choose the colour at one point. We are in 2023, with a rover on Mars! Simple toggle for colour change on any design would be awesome... Because Fitbit is Awesome!! 

Moderator edit: format

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Yøru
Jogger

Fitbit, can you guys let us customize all the clock faces? Including the old ones such as progressive? The colour schemes are horrible.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.