Charge 5 clock face with larger heart rate display

Many seniors need reading glasses for small icons, but reading glasses are not convenient when working out. Suggest a clock face for Charge 5 similar to Continuum, but with a larger heart rate display.
I can easily read the time on Continuum while working out, but not the heart rate. I do not wish any credit for this suggestion.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Geezer72, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making a Charge 5 clock face with larger heart rate display with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might also be interested in this other suggestionWatch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

IAmAnOldGeezer2
First Steps

I, too, would like a larger clock face. Either just the clock to fill the entire screen or the clock with a larger heart rate/med stat at the bottom. Drop the date from the clock face, it's not needed.

Deno1936
First Steps

Call it a night clock that I can turn on in the app and set the time I want it to come on and off. Dead simple. Big screen with HR only with the option for time too.
I don’t give a crap about steps/levels/battery percentage/etc during sleep…especially when most are reset at midnight.

This is an addition that you can put in your commercials showing a 75 year old looking at their watch and seeing their pulse in a large display at 2:04am and not having to put glasses on to see it and the next segment them working out using the same clock face.

jskOregon
First Steps

I am also annoyed that it’s very difficult to see my heart rate on my charge 5.  I’d like to see it while I do HIIT sessions on my treadmill (Charge 5 will not pair with NordicTrak/ifit), and I have no way to tell what my heart beat rate is doing while I run.  I’m a senior runner, so like others find the heart rate output impossible to read without my glasses, but also don’t wear glasses while I run, and have to check by stopping, putting my glasses on then looking for the data on my wrist.  Leaving my phone on the tread mill open to my fitbit page does not help because you can’t make the font larger on the page…ack.  I mostly bought the fitbit to monitor for possible aFib issues during workouts so am a bit annoyed.  Would not have bought this if I new this would be such a hassle.

klp002
First Steps

I would also like a larger HR display to see when I'm exercising.  Fitbit is useless for Zone 2 monitoring during exercise without a larger display.  So I'm currently looking for another brand of tracker watch that will do the job.  Please consider creating a screen as soon as possible with a large HR and time  display that is always on.  Thank you! 

JohnLastName
First Steps

Let me add my name to those who want the option to choose heartrate or step count or any other fitness metric, rather than time, to be the predominant large text on the display of my fitness device.    I can find the time in plenty of locations when I need it....it is universal....however, only one device has MY FITNESS, it is my FITbit.  notice the name...it is not my TIMEbit.   The entire concept of having time be the predominant display on a fitness device is such a swing and a miss by your product team.  

I actively tell people NOT to buy this device for this very simple feature....despite all the excellent other features (afib detection---which BTW works great...coming from an old guy with Afib).

Seriously, how difficult would it be to hire some college grad to whip up a quick flexible alternative screen?   I suspect someone could knock this out in less than a week.

Deno1936
First Steps

Less than a day.     Diamond clock has a setting that is a night time clock.  You can set the hours for on and off/colour.  The only thing that is missing is heart rate (all it shows is the time…the only thing that is relevant at 3 in the morning is time and or heart rate).  So they could:

1) have a night time clock face that you could have come on when you want and all they have to do is make this universal for any clock face and have tabs for time and or heart rate (have been asking for this for 7 months).  Have it as part of Sleep on the main screen.

2) use that exact clock face for what you are asking for.  Have half a dozen tabs (time/steps/levels/heart rate/etc) and you choose the 1 or 2 or up to 3 you want on the screen AND you highlight which one you want as the large one.

Dead simple.  Most of the programming is already there.

Problem is very few people use the community thread and you have to get 1000’s of people to like it to get it implemented.  Reactive instead of proactive.

Anthonybsd
First Steps

I am in the same camp as everyone. I don’t need this thing to be a watch. I need it to be a fitness device. Charge 4 actually had a face with a giant heart rate display. Upgrading to charge 5 and later 6 is a massive downgrade for me for this very reason. I recommend people buy Garmin products instead which I actively despise but at least they do the heart display properly. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.