Charity Miles Integration

I would love to see Fitbit bring the Charity Miles app into the family of compatible apps that can sync with workouts. I run with the Ionic and I don't carry my phone, so I can't sync my runs with Charity Miles to donate my distance.

Moderator Edition: Labels

72 Comments
Allmer
First Steps

Yes I would really like that too! It only makes sense! 

talizzi
First Steps

I too would love to see integration between Fitbit and Charity Miles. I always have my Charge 3 on, but I will forget to open up Charity Miles before a walk or run all the time. 

lisaruby
First Steps

Yes, please integrate with Charity Miles!  This would be so awesome and convenient for those of use who use Fitbits and also want to help support worthy causes through Charity Miles!!  Please make this happen!  Thank you!!

akamber80
Jogger

This could be especially valuable for those of us who live in more rural areas with data limitations. Charity Miles requires the use of GPS tracking, which can create data overages in a hurry. If we could just use our Fitbit, that would benefit everyone! 

joamdutt
Jogger

Yes, you need to make this happen !  I belong to just one group on Charity Miles and hear many discussions that members like Fitbit  but may not continue with it because they want a device that can link with Charity Miles that is not their phone.  My group has thousands of members.  That is just one group on Charity Miles there are many -many more.  It would also make Fitbit look good as a company because you are still encouraging fitness but you are also letting members donate to charity.  That makes you look good ! and Fitbit is not paying the bill and making may people happy!

glamvamp
Jogger

please do integrate charity miles!

Ncbeetle
First Steps

I would LOVE IT if fitbit and charity miles could collaborate!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I’m so disappointed that Fitbit doesn’t have a Charity Miles app. This app helps non profit organizations and requires only that the user choose a non profit, then donate their miles of exercise to their chosen charity. It’s great to have personal goals, but imagine the help we can provide to charity simply by getting out and moving! ResQ Walk is another amazing site that helps rescue shelters. National companies donate money each week and one can pick the nonprofit animal shelter to promote. Again, we are obviously all blessed to be able to get out and move (plus we can afford to purchase Fitbits), so why not help others while we’re at it? Fitbit should be all over this, since the company appears to care about people. Appreciate any feedback and hope these organizations can be available to anyone who cares about others!

Jesag07
Jogger

Yes!! Please. If love to be able to use charity miles easier with my fitbit☺️

Kd518
Jogger

Yes, please! I can’t leave CharityMiles on all the time, but I always wear my fitbit!! 

zateycu09
First Steps

Yes, please!! I hate having to carry my phone around to use Charity Miles. 

Adp809
First Steps

Yes please!!!!

i stopped wearing my Fitbit in lieu of another device that would sync with others but I much prefer my Fitbit and would love to go back to that again. (I tried wearing both but it got to be too much). PLEASE partner with charity miles! I’ll even upgrade!  

KnightRN87
First Steps

Thanks for considering this update! Would love to do #somuchgood by having Charity Miles on my fitbit! 😊

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is under consideration.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Has anybody contacted Charity Miles yet.

joamdutt
Jogger
I sent them an email today asking if it would be possible.
BigMikeyVegas
First Steps

Yes. I have contacted charity miles and they have updated this thread
--
Moderator edit: Removed personal info

swamimarti
Recovery Runner

I would also love to see CharityMiles added!

emilymaggie2
First Steps

I would love to see this happen! I use Charity Miles daily and I recently started using FitBit, it would be nice if they could sync!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'd love to see this happen too. I've been able to get Fitbit to sync with Strava, but have been unable to get Charity Miles successfully authorized to connect with Strava, so my Fitbit info isn't transferring over. Android user here. Native Fitbit-to-Charity Miles integration would make it so I can actually use Charity Miles.

Adp809
First Steps
I have a Fitbit but don’t wear it as much now because it doesn’t connect to what I want. I do orange theory and that supposedly connects to Strava which connects to Charity Miles... (iPhone). Life would be so much simpler and streamlined if I could just keep my Fitbit on all the time and get my Charity Miles in.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Adp809 please remember that Fitbit has an open APi allowing any third party to have access to your data. In a cc lot of cases they don't even have to let Fitbit know. 

Since Charity Miles  only wants to track walks, runs, bike rides, they will need to work with Fitbit and get setup like Strava. I would think it would be up to S Charity Miles to make the first move since the standard API could not be used.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
It took me a few tries to get Charity Miles connected to Strava. I had to
join their group, it wasn't intuitive, but it was worth it once it worked.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@SunsetRunner A Strava group or a Charity Miles group? I'm open to any solutions at this point, non-intuitive or otherwise. I feel like if I could bump the authorization request out to Chrome (instead of whatever the Charity Miles app is doing right now browser-wise in-app when it attempts authorization), it would help pinpoint where things are going wrong. Mind you, I'm no developer and know nothing of working with APIs, so I could be talking out of my butt here. Smiley LOL

ToddE
Recovery Runner

Anyone having issues with charity and Strava counting twice in the Fitbit app?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.