Check SpO2 at anytime on supported Fitbit devices

The new Sp02 clock face is nice, but can you also add the ability to check Sp02/pulse ox at anytime during the day rather than just during sleep?

Moderator edit: Updated label and subject for clarity
510 Comments

Please enable real time spo2 and skin temperature measurement on pixel watch 2. After lots of research I didn't see anywhere that it didn't allow for this. I now feel I've been miss sold the product. The feature should definitely be advertised as 'only during sleep' otherwise people will assume you can use the sensors whenever you want. It's competitors do and it's just as expensive as those. Tracking only during sleep is not what I was sold. 

Hellzspork
First Steps
I gave up and bought a Garmin watch, best decision ever. No more BS issues
like syncing or disconnecting or lying about what features the device has.
And the battery life is way better. There is no comparison. Fit bits are
cheap trash and I feel like I was a sucker to have ever bought one in the
first place.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NoobOne, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to get SpO2 data all the time and not just when sleeping with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

Dadbit12
First Steps

Any update on this.

Seems like a no brainer that should be added ASAP.

There's a sensor. There's a way to calculate the values from the sensor.

Why does it have to be exclusive to sleeping? 

As others have done I may need to return my device. Almost feels like false advertising regarding the sensor. Nothing I saw in ads specified the spO2 was sleep only.

Please add this ASAP.

pbug56
Sprinter
That's why so many of us have switched to other brands.
ShadowFT
Recovery Runner

Hi! I was going to suggest this feature on the suggestion board, but I couldn't find the button for it. Anyway, please just move this to the proper place. I was hoping that Sp02 could be used on demand not just while sleeping. I have an idea of how Fitbit could do it too. What if, when you go to the Sp02 app (scroll down from the watch face) you could tap on the sp02 screen and it will calculate your sp02 right there? 

Hope you have a great day, and I hope to see this feature in the future via a software update or something. 

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

@ShadowFT   Please vote for and leave a comment on this request in the Product Feedback forum.  Product Experts can move threads to different forums, except to the Product Feedback forum.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ShadowFT, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding SpO2 on demand on the Charge 6 with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

ItsJustBrig
First Steps

I would very much like to be able to check my spO2 on demand.  Actually, when I purchased the Fitbit Charge 6 I thought it did this.  Sadly, no.  Please, please, please, with spO2 on top, enable this feature!  My old fitness tracker (which got discontinued in August) had this feature and it was a very valuable tool when it was necessary to monitor my levels.

DannyFB
Runner
At this point, 2 years after my having first requested this and I believe
closer to 4+ years since somebody requested earlier ......IT IS NOT GOING
TO HAPPEN....GIVE UP...
oeagleo
Recovery Runner
It ain't gonna happen, I dumped my pixel watch 2 for a Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 and I can do this any time and as often as I want. Just sayin'

Get Outlook for Android<>
Yeah, I returned the watch because of this. Luckily got full refund. It's
complete false advertising.
Flynz
Recovery Runner
I am very happy with my Fenix 6. O2 is on demand.

Sent from my iPhone
MrNybble
First Steps

It's funny...in a sad way.

1. Person researches fitness watches and buys a fitbit
2. Person discovers the SpO2 on demand is missing
3. Person googles (ironic actually) the issue and finds us here
4. Person posts and we relive the trauma.

Yeah, at this point it will probably not happen.  I've started to wonder why?  It seems simple.  The fitbit does it at night, just run the routine on demand.  Our best bet is to return it and buy something else if you can.

Riksela
Jogger

Well my first posting on this community was about the o2 measurement. And the person who respond send me here. 

I was asking in my first posting if there was a possibility of another app on my pixel 2 for O2 measurement and not only a graphic on during my sleep were i get orange when to low but not how low. 

I want to know how low. And not one figure approximately for the whole night. 

I have apnea. 

I want to know what it is when i want. 

Before my pixel2 i had a oneplus watch. Terrible thing, cheap, but he did have 2 great things, battery and O2 measurement during the night, if you wanted during the whole day or at a moment you wanted. 

So why can a watch of €159 (2021) and a pixel2 €399 not?

Do tell...or better not...make it happen. 

Vision85
Stepping Up

I don't understand it either. I've had my Pixel Watch 2 since yesterday, great thing but the spo2 measurement not working manually is extremely annoying, I don't really want to send it back, but google just seems to ignore it, although it would be so easy. I don't wear the watch at night, I just want to measure spo2 whenever I want. @google, fitbit please do something, it's not difficult!

Xallaxa
First Steps

Based on how long this post has been going, doesn't look like its ever going to happen but I may as well add my vote to the pile

Please add the ability to track spo2 constantly or at least give an on-demand reading. 

DannyFB
Runner
Lol
NB98045
First Steps
I have to assume that they are aware of (1) there are a substantial
number of people who want this feature and (2) it would be a trivial amount
of effort in providing it.

I also have to assume that they do have an underlying reason for not doing
so. My WAG is that they just don't want to expose how inaccurate their
readings are.

Or, maybe they are just lazy and don't give a crud.
Ginazari
Jogger
I doubt that they ever will. I gave up on them, I bought a used Apple
Watch. It works sooo good and it even does ECG and of course the oxygen on
demand.
Suntanleo
Jogger
They told me they could do it. It’s been 3 years.
I’m getting an Apple Watch based on principle at this point.
I care about the company I’m supporting through purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone
Suntanleo
Jogger
I’m leaving Fitbit after 7+ Years
Sent from my iPhone
mbarylski
Tempo Runner

I believe the new Apple watch has removed the Oxygen feature because of a court order which they're appealing of course. But it will be disabled until they win the appeal.

ReidC
First Steps

Another plea to FitBit to make their Spo2 feature useful during the day or at least help us understand the reason they do not want to add this feature.
Seems like a no brainer if we get an Sp02 sensor that we get the data too!

Jagoji
First Steps
I have the Charge 6. I am very disappointed that I cannot get my current oxygen levels all the time. It seems like something most people looking at a fitness tracker would want. I will be returning this. I really like most of the other things available to me with the fit bit, but this is a deal breaker.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.