Check SpO2 at anytime on supported Fitbit devices

The new Sp02 clock face is nice, but can you also add the ability to check Sp02/pulse ox at anytime during the day rather than just during sleep?

Moderator edit: Updated label and subject for clarity
510 Comments
NB37
Recovery Runner

Any update with what's going on with this? 

Very very very standard feature with all the smart watches now, this watch has the sensors so what's the hold up?

Or is there a big round table meeting as to hide this behind the premium paywall as well? 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

What NB37 said 👏

FridayLover
Recovery Runner

@NB37No, they wouldn't do that coz they lie about everything by advertising feauters that they haven't even develope... for years ...
Maybe with google we can expect this feature in next 8 years

Tochtej
Jogger
I have seen other suggestions asking for the possibility to check SO2 levels in the spot, not just during the night. I fully agree but I think it would be even better if there was a permanent display of the SO2 level that a user has in every moment, in the same way that it happens with the heart beat.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tochtej, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Sp02 stats at anytime on supported Fitbit devices. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

FridayLover
Recovery Runner

@TochtejI can tell you even more, they were promoting their devices with this feature .. almost 3 years ago...

Tochtej
Jogger

Just to add on my previous comment regarding a permanent display of SO2 levels on the clock face. It would be very useful for people who suffer from asthma so they can check their oxygen levels while doing excercise as well as for covid patients, as a drop in SO2 levels is a sign of the worsening of the disease.

@FridayLover it's a petty to hear that. I got a Fitbit Sense for Christmas thinking that it actually had this feature (otherwise what is the improvement compared to the versa apart from the ECG?) and was very disappointed after finding out that it didn't. It didn't help the lack of music storage either. In fact, I wanted to return it for those two reasons but my retailer didn't allow me.

It is just a pitty Fitbit is not behaving as a top of the market company in all of this issues. There are way cheaper devices from other brands that have those two features now. If they don't listen to their users and catch up, they are going to lose everything they have built so far.

lorijonathan
First Steps

New to Fitbit and purchased a $300 watch because I assumed it was the best.  Overall I love it but was surprised to not see spo2 on demand as other products have at a lower price point and from less well known brands.

Is this not included because of a technical limitation?  Is it a battery concern?  Would be nice to get some meaningful communication from Fitbit to the community other than thanks for the suggestion.  Seems there are many hundreds of users that have taken the time to engage the community on this feature request and should get some type of response.  Thanks

Tochtej
Jogger

Maybe we should post our views on Twitter. Other users tried regarding the lack of music storage and they got an answer from Fitbit saying that they were looking into it. At least they got a reaction from Fitbit there in a day, something that we have not achieved in this forum for months.

Personally I bought this device for this reason, believing that the advertised SO2 measurement meant that I could check my oxygen levels at any time. I have asthma and that was the basic feature I wanted it for, to see how my levels evolve while exercising. I am just so frustrated that a 300€ device cannot do it when there are way cheaper watches already in the market that can do it. We really deserve an explanation!!

LxPeanut
Recovery Runner

Definitely need this feature. I have a much cheaper honor band that has this feature so why don't and fitbit devices support it yet. 

Vetch
First Steps

This feature would encourage me to buy the Fitbit Sense. I’m holding off on it due to the lack of on demands spo2 readings. Pulse oximeters are selling like mad so Fitbit had better move fast to take advantage of that.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is especially important during the COVID-19 pandemic.  It makes no sense that someone with a Fitbit Sense would have to purchase a separate pulse ox to get readings on demand for basic vitals monitoring. 

CDM06
Jogger
The ability to monitor oxygen levels, just as the heart rate, during the day for wellness purposes.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CDM06, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Sp02/pulse ox at anytime. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

I want to add my voice to this.  SpO2 should be available all the time, on demand and, I'd like to add, as an always on feature.  Just picked up the sense, and honestly, this is one of the few things I wish it had.  Obviously, the sensor can run for long periods of time overnight, why not allow that to extend all day too?

This should be a non-issue, considering what the competition is doing.

alex-w
Base Runner

Definitely and especially on the Sense being the icon watch.  Additionally you should not have to pay the exorbitant recurring Premium fees to obtain the data that your watch produces.  That is unacceptable.

Forget responses to this post and do something about the problem!

irispeper
First Steps

This is what I am looking for and honestly thought the Sense was able to do this. I’m about to return the Sense because SPO2 readings while asleep is not completely the full picture I wanted to see. As a long time FitBit user, pretty disappointed in this.

WMJIII
Jogger

I am not trying to use Fitbit as a medical device, but as a tell-tell early warning device instead of carrying the standard of the finger Oximeter! It may tell me to slow down, take some proper breaths, and recover. After 3 years on Oxygen, I know my body well enough to know when to pause and when to resume ... but would be nice to have a metric.  If one can’t measure ... one can’t improve.  Would like to stay in Fitbit family but   Am tired of waiting for Fitbit to deliver SPO2 On- Demand. 
Update decided: I am taking a leap of faith and ordered my Sense today ...  now come on Fitbit time for you to deliver!!! 
considering: the on demand feature is available on many much cheaper watches (almost down to the cost of a finger pulse Oximeter)  ... plus also mainstream ones such as Garmin and Apple Series 6!  Why oh why can’t Fitbit provide it. Fitbit ... any response? 
concluded: after setup, loading the apps, one nights sleep, waiting an hour in the am ... got one SPO2 reading 95 with a range of 80 to 100.  Can’t see measurements during night to correlate to bed exit or nothing. Not worth it.  Returning for iPhone Series 6 trial. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I support the request to view SpO2 at any time of the day.

gasdr63
Jogger
If the Fitbit is supposed to track your health stats, would it not better sense to track your VO2 during the day, or or at least while actively doing an exercise such as running, walkling, hiking, etc. Yes, seeing how well you sleep with your SPO2, is after the fact and is important, but would not it be great to which one , if not both.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gasdr63, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Sp02/pulse ox at anytime on supported Fitbit devices. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. 

You can also visit this other suggestion: EOV tracking throughout the day.

A lot of users are asking for these options, I hope we receive updates soon.

Karl1968
First Steps

I purchased a charge 4 for my wife because she has a possible lung condition that monitoring her so2 in real time would be helpful. Unfortunately, you can only get the EOV overnight average. Seems like the clock face so2 would be simple to activate for the charge 4 since the sensor is already there?

MatgG
First Steps

Yes we should be able to monitor and use the Sp02 on demand, just like the ECG and EDA app. Also, it would be nice to have a dedicated Sp02 tile so we could view our data with more details not just within the health metrics tile. 

Please Fitbit make the Sp02 an on demand feature with its own tile in the app. 

Thanks!

J.Ray
First Steps

TBH I thought we get live SP02 data was the point of having the sensor when I purchased, so it at least showed during exercise. Real disappointment to find it is only active during sleep. This is a must have for me!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.