Check battery health, charging and discharging trend

Fitbit should let user check their device battery health over time in a similar way as it is on google android phone. Add a feature to see a graph of our battery charging and discharging over time as well as app/feature that are consuming the most battery. This could be an app or it could be in the settings.
4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @HSS79, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to check battery health, charging and discharging trend on the Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

kkris87
Recovery Runner

Would be great to see that and battery charge history as well to know how long on average my battery lasts, how often I need to charge it.

charleskn
Distance Runner

It would be awesome to have a graph showing the battery level with annotated events showing syncs, workout activities, etc. This would be very helpful in diagnosing battery drainage issues.

istaylor
Jogger

the more info the better.  For me, I'd say #1 is to see charge vs time graphs.  WearOS only shows the current charge cycle.  past month I'd say is minimal.  at least enough to see min, max, average life on a full charge.  I want to know the impact that changed settings or new apps or watchfaces makes on my battery life, to help determine whether the changes are justified or not.  for either cost or benefit of battery life, versus cost or benefit of functionality changes.

I never would have imagined a device could have less info than WearOS, but at this point, that is where my Fitbit Sense lies.  I come from Pebble background, where multitude of apps takes care of things like this, although their allowance of background app is necessary for battery monitoring apps to work.  and I tried out WearOS, and now trying out Fitbit OS.  it's a shame I have to keep going back to my Pebble Time from July 2015 because of some "basic" shortcomings in products by major companies like Google and Fitbit still to this day.

The Android app Accubattery would show you a long list of data and interpretations around battery life info, as well as the reasoning why the info is helpful.  they are experts in that realm.

but please at least give us a month of charge & discharge info, even if only a simple graph of hourly charge levels that we would have to interpret ourselves.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.