Check my temp at anytime with supported devices

The latest generation of devices include a skin temperature sensor, but currently it is only used during sleep. Especially in the current world situation I'm asked to check my temperature multiple times per day. It would be nice if I could just tap my watch rather than picking up the IR thermometer that multiple other people have been handling.
58 Comments
Flygirl61
Recovery Runner

Agreed.... I’ve had a Fitbit for many years, but I actually feel I paid a
lot more money for a Apple look-a-like that really doesn’t do much more
then my Fitbit Charge 4 did. Plus, my Fitbit Charge 4 actually synced on
its own and was much more reliable and kept a charge for a lot longer!

--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

egriffin8278
First Steps
Enable skin temperature measurement at anytime during the day on the Sense and not just during sleep.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @egriffin8278, thanks for sharing this suggestion about allowing your Sense to track your skin temperature anytime during the day with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

egriffin8278
First Steps

Thank you, Lizzy for the follow up and placement of where the comment belongs. I want to commend your company for having such a forum for ideas and have it professionally moderated. Keep up the good work!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NorReb, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see tempeture readings at anytime on your Fitbit Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

vokbj
First Steps
Does this mean that the enhancement is available?
lyaraujo
First Steps

Temperature checks were a major reason why I bought the new Fitbit Sense. It's very disappointing to learn that it only tracks temp while you sleep. I don't wear my Sense while I sleep. 

Terrishunt
First Steps
I really wish it gave readings as 97.7 instead of +2.2 or -3.1. I just
don’t know what that means because I don’t think my temp drops to 94
degrees...that would be hypothermia. Lol.
Inder_Singh
First Steps

I should be able to check the temp and Spo2 anytime using fitbit sense watch. Isnt it the whole idea why we chose fitbit out of so many other brands! Why would I upgrade to another fitbit in future or recommend fitbit to anyone, if these basic features which are available in watch but practically not available for use in the most expected way!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree with this request skin temperature can track all day. Because covid-19 they need check your temperature before you can take vaccine too.  Please developer app like huawei watch 3 does. hope it release for user like our can tracking skin temperature.  👍

andy7492
Stepping Up

I want daytime skin temperature data to check for impending heat stroke. I know it's not likely but there might be a correlation. It's our data. If it's useless fine. But let us see it in case it's helpful in some way you have not thought about.

StevenOnward
First Steps

Temperature patterns during sleep and during the day are becoming increasingly relevant in understanding our circadian rhythm.  Our body temp goes through a 24 hour cycle with the lowest temp typically reached around two hours before our normal wake up time and our highest temp reached later during our day.  I purchased the Sense today to monitor body temp averages through sleep so I can see what time of the night my body temp reaches its lowest point on average.  The Sense should be able to tell me that, but I haven't owned it long enough to tell yet.  On demand requests of temp and o2 would be great and so would data of skin temperature 24/7.  This information would be very helpful for all to reach optimal health goals. 

ShadowRose
First Steps

Please make it a feature to allow SPO2 and temp readings on demand and make the temp readings available in a format other than degrees from baseline when the readinv doesn't even tell you what your baseline temp is in Fahrenheit or Celsius measurements. 

Mrs985
First Steps

Not only is temperature more relevant lately it's also really handy for women trying to conceive and people with health problems such as reoccurring infection, being able to see a rise at any point of the day could be helpful

AlbertoRomero
First Steps

Yes, I agree, on-demand temp is a most.  How difficult would be to show the temp as a thermometer does it? Do they have to put another sensor or change the sensor?

OMG How is this not a thing? I just figured that the Fitbit Sense was able to give you feedback about your skin temperature at any time of the day? Especially in today’s climate. I know it’s only an estimation when the Fitbit Sense tracks your temperature while you sleep, but why not apply that to any time during the day? It actually seems weird that it doesn’t do this already.

Joliet
Jogger

I've just bought a new Sense just because I thought it had new features, but taking the temperature only at night is something that also my Versa 2 used to do... A bit disappointed, hope the team will improve the feature discussed here asap 🙂

arussell3798
First Steps
we need a core temperature reading feature not manually
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @arussell3798, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to track core tempeture during the day. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Release
Jogger

Hi, I also would need this feature. Not only for covid pourposes, but also for making my own ovulation prediction. Female tracker won't use this stastistic for its algorithms, so I will make my own!! It is strange that we have one sensor installed but can't use its data...

Guy_
Space Racer

The watch isn't able to measure core temperature and the skin temperature is subject to environmental issues and can only be an approximation.

Release
Jogger

I thought that the sensor was like an infrared thermometer, if the measure is taken close enough your skin, it will give an accurate measure. In fitbit sense is not like that? that is a shame.

Guy_
Space Racer

The problem is the skin temperature measured at extremities may not reflect well the core temperature.

For example, gloves are worn to keep your hands warm, because they lose heat far quicker than the body, so the skin at extremities aren't a precise reflection of core temperature.

Release
Jogger

Hi, thanks for your response.

My sense has been recording my relative temperature for a couple of weeks now. But two days ago it stopped registering. It appears "no data". The other statistics in health metrics are ok: spo2, breathing frequency... My fitbit app is at the latest. Maybe my wristband is too tight to measure? is it a firmware or configuration problem??

Thank you all!

GrandmaHB
Jogger

My fitbit sense also had been ready skin temperature for over a year and stopped recording it earlier this week. I have tried logging out, force stopping app, rebooting phone and device and nothing.  I also noticed that my app must have updated, because it started giving me tips again like I was a new user. Please fix. I check this every morning to see if my temp is elevated because I have an immunocompromised granddaughter that I have to stay away from if I'm coming down with something. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.