Choose Which Friends See Profile Elements

My wife and I reciently purchaesd a charge hr and a surge. We also have friends that use fitbit. We would like to share all the intimate details with each other but not with our friends. Can a teared system of be implemented to allow my wife and I to see weight and other more personal info while letting friends see our progress.

Moderator Edit: Added labels and updated Feature Request title.

55 Comments
BrainWaveCC
Base Runner

I have yet to see one requested feature get implemented, after all this time -- no matter how compelling the requests  

brownphilipl
First Steps
It’s just over 4 years ago when I added a comment regarding this subject - maybe I will request something similar again in another 4 years!
brownphilipl
First Steps
Agreed - I wrote a comment August 27th, 2015 concerning similar!

"Would be great to get a comment from Fitbit on this matter - this is really a MAJOR short coming in the application - there appears to be much interest in the subject yet there is only silence from Fitbit - disappointing - but there again they could be working in the background and the capability will magically appear soon - some guidance / feedback from Fitbit would be nice! "
naji-s
Jogger

Yes. At this point, having Fitbit friends is essentially useless, minus the ability to send challenges to people. Seems like Fitbit's social media aspect is a very under-developed feature, which is not surprising since most people really just want to share their fitbit activities on their instagram or facebook anyways. But at least between fitbit friends there should be an intuitive level of sharing of information, not just a couple buttons to message or cheer them. The whole point of this thing is stats and they should have the option to be easily visible!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.