Clock face with seconds AND date

I have the Charge HR and I like the clock face with seconds, but would also love to have one that display the date (in MM/DD or DD/MM or full DD/MM/YY or DD_Mmm format) as well. Might be a tight squeeze, but maybe you can figure out a way to arrange all that info. Smiley Happy

Moderator edit: labels.

22 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello, I have had my Charge for a week now and I really like it.  However I am very disappointed that there is only one option that shows the date which is very hard to read as it is so small with the time above it.   I love how big the text can be if it's full screen so why not offer this option  >  >   Have the time appear first full screen, then have it scroll left to reveal the date (also full screen) with just the 3 digit abbreviation (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc) and the date.  Feb 14   And what about offerring this option with a few different font options.  I find the skinny fonts nice but hard to read.  Heavier bolder fonts please!! 

SLMcc
Recovery Runner
Hello. I would like to see clocks for the Surge and Change that use numbers for the date. Not the month. I never write out a date as Aug 8.

It's always written as 8 / 8. To me it is easier if the date is shown in number format.
Opivali
Jogger
I think this would be fine if it is selectable examples would be just like you are setting up your computer or in documents.
Gretel1128
Jogger

@SLMcc wrote:
Hello. I would like to see clocks for the Surge and Change that use numbers for the date. Not the month. I never write out a date as Aug 8.

It's always written as 8 / 8. To me it is easier if the date is shown in number format.

How about users in Europe? There today's date is written as 15. 8. 2015.

SLMcc
Recovery Runner
That would be good too!
Douger1
First Steps

Can someone please tell me how do I get it to show the date?  Thank you.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

That's a great idea! Currently, you have the option to choose a display that will show the time and date but you can't customize it as you mentioned with MM/DD or DD/MM.    

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board Smiley Happy

SLMcc
Recovery Runner
Hi Silvia. Any word on if anything like this is coming soon? I think it would be great especially now with quick view. I could quit wearing my watch!
SLMcc
Recovery Runner

Just wondering if this has been taken into consideration?  I now have added a Charge 2 and wear it as my watch. I'd really appreciate having numbers for the date. Thanks!

hozkar83
First Steps

Hi can someone tell me how to change the format from 24 to 12 hours in my blaze? Thanks

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello. Fitbit users have been requesting via Help questions FOR YEARS that you provide options to change the date format just like one is able to choose a 24-hour clock and I'm appalled that this hasn't been resolved. You offer options for units of measurement, why not the DATE FORMAT?  Cheers. 

Kaleena
Jogger

I’m a nurse and I need a clock face that has both the month/date AND seconds! I don’t mind if the letters are small or it says “Aug 8” vs “8/8”, as long as the date is on there! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
The date is there. It depends on the watch face you choose. And it does
matter if it says 08 August or the horrid August 08. And you want seconds.
Get a, erm, watch.
Inventiveman
Stepping Up

PLEASE an option for day/month/year format.

America is the ONLY country in the world that solely uses the month/day/year format!

There are a couple of countries use the year/month/day format (which at least sorts correctly on a computer) and the rest of us use the day/month/year format.

It's SO confusing, in other places in the world, when you're presented with a date such as 5/8/2018. Is it 5th-August-2018 or 8th-May-2018?

Sure keep the unusual date format for the Americans but please let the rest of the world have an option for the date system we all use.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Exactly! I couldn't have said it better. People have been asking for this
for years. We have the option, at least on the Fitbit Versa, to choose
metric, why not fix the date problem! I really can't stand looking at the
watch and seeing Jun 16 instead of 16 June. Abbreviate if you must!
Natasha_
First Steps

Having the date on The clockface would be great... CHARGE 3

Julz70
First Steps

I’m a support worker in a day centre, I constantly am asked the date and the new charge 3 has me,and seemingly most of the fitbit Community , frustrated by the fact it has no option to have the date on the clock face as it is on the charge 2...............maybe the option should be given! Come on Fitbit a newer model is supposed to be an upgrade, not sure if it feels this way atm!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Natasha_, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released on Charge 3. You can find out more here What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? and How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? @Obease_Duck, as you've submitted a high quality suggestion that was released, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community. Please enjoy the new feature!

SLMcc
Recovery Runner

Any chance of getting this on the Charge 2?

Subguy
First Steps

I love the classic digital watch face for the Inspire, but since it doesn't display the date, I have no way of seeing the date on my Inspire while using that watch face. I suggest adding a similar digital watch face but just shrink the time and show the date below.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Subguy, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here: Clock face with seconds AND date. Keep adding your suggestions! You can see the Inspire/Inspire HR clock faces here.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.