Combine HR and GPS Info for Charge HR

I would love to be able to be able to use the Fitbit App to track my exercise using my phone's GPS while having my Charge HR add my steps, HR, and calories information.  As of now there is no way to get all of this information to show as one exercise session with the Charge HR.

So, better integrating the information recieved by the Charge HR and Fitbit App would make the Charge HR a much more dynamic device.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

5 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Are you about this ?

1. Pair with your smartphone for GPS mode

Fitbit's MobileRun mode uses GPS data to more accurately track your walks and runs, and also lets you control your music playlists from inside the app.

To use MobileRun, go into the app and select the Exercise from the home screen. Tap the stopwatch in the top right corner and you'll see a map of your location. Simply hit Start when you're ready to track your run.

The MobileRun feature uses the GPS connectivity of your smartphone to calculate distance, steps, active minutes, and calories burned, and this data overrides your tracker's recordings.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

BSimperia, 

Thanks for the response.  When I use the App to track exercise, I don't get my continuous HR info from my tracker like I would if I only used the exercise mode on the tracker.  

On the other hand, if I use only the tracker and not the App, I miss out on the GPS info and more accurate distance estimates made by the App.

Finally, if I use both, I get two seperate recordings of the same exercise event, which I also don't want.

I hope that shed a little more light on the problem I'm having.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

AdamRoe

In this case I can recomment you to see your HR in Dashboard, it has 5 minutes record, so you can see it on Dashboard. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks BSimperia but 5 minutes can't quite cut it for longer runs.  And I'd rather not be constantly checking my dashboard and having to remember.

The easy solution is, "You should've bought a Surge."  

But I see no reason why the app can't overlay the times from the App and the tracker and take pertinent data from each.

Status changed to: Released
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@SunsetRunner This feature currently exists!

If you wear your Charge HR while on a MobileRun, steps, floors, and heart rate will be tracked by your tracker; while distance GPS and distance will be tracked via your phone's GPS.

One cool aspect of this feature is that if you wear your tracker while on a MobileRun, your steps will count towards Challenges and badges, where previously it did not.

Click here for more information about MobileRun and thank you for posting on the Feature Request Board!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.