Compass

This would be mostly to the devices like the Fitbit blaze or the surge that can connect to phones or have their own gps built in so maybe they could have a compass feature to see what way you are facing if you get lost or something!

30 Comments
sustainblue
Jogger

The Surge has a digital compass sensor but no app to display the data.  I'd love to see a digital compass app included.  My take on what it might look like is below.

Surge Digital CompassSurge Digital Compass

Moderator edit: labels.

coldfact
Recovery Runner

Brilliant idea - and great mock-up 🙂

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is an awesome idea and a great mock-up of your feature request. I'll be sure to pass it on to the appropriate channel for consideration.

Ryeguy11
First Steps

If you included MGRS data (both mils and degrees) that would be very cool. The mock up is nice, add an 8 figure grid reference and you have something tactical that army guys would be all over.

@sustainblue wrote:

The Surge has a digital compass sensor but no app to display the data.  I'd love to see a digital compass app included.  My take on what it might look like is below.

fitbit_digital_compass_RR.jpg

Salem4659
Jogger
Love the mock up. They should commission that!
Gisburn20
First Steps
I was thinking, this has gps/digital compass etc built to it could we see a compass display (maybe even just a bearing) as part of a watch face ? Possibly in a later software version? I had a digital compass built in on a previous watch and it proved very handy on occasion.

Even little things like displaying altitude or lat/long coordinates would add another to the surge's impressive list of features.

The watch face screens could display so much more useful info with just a few more pixels!

Thanks, Jim
mantababe
Runner

would love this 

mantababe
Runner

come on include one, be brilliant for trail/hikes and really up the game with the surge,

OuzoOuzo3
Recovery Runner

This would be totally shamazing and really shouldn't be difficult at all.  It has the sensors, so we are told lol  This has been an idea loads of people have talekd about and asked for.  Come on fitbit, get on top of this and make us your loyal customers happy

chunkybray
First Steps

Adding a compass is a great idea..

AceNJ
First Steps

I also really support this idea. It would help differenciate the Surge from the Blaze further as a "fitness superwatch" and take further advantage of its $50 premium by just leveraging its own built in sensors.

tom-ha
First Steps
This would be very useful when out on trails
Mark81
Tempo Runner

If Fitbit declare that the Surge (product with GPS integrated) has Digital compass and Altimeter, I expect to see them on the display, at least during an hike. Please add them!

What's the current use for the digital compass?

Thanks

Mark81
Tempo Runner

Is the "Digital compass" of the specs a marketing fraud?

Syafiq
Jogger

Yaa!! Im 500% agree if fitbit blaze and surge have their own compass. Please fitbit for the next update

crabbys44
First Steps

I hope this is still active.

PLEASE create a compass display!!!!

Traj
First Steps

I would find the compass display super useful in my job as a surveyor.  Please add a display for this feature and sign me up as soon as it's available. For testing or otherwise. Thanks for your awesome product. 

JenniferSuhr
First Steps

I hope this happens!  My husband refuses to get a Fitbit until it has a Compass in it!  Any idea if it will?

Smithsmc.
Jogger

That would be great.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarlenS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sustainblue and commenters, thanks for your suggestion.

We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we will soon stop selling Fitbit Surge. If you're looking for a new device, we recommend considering Ionic. Ionic is a motivating timepiece packed with fitness guidance, health insights, music storage, apps, and more. You can learn more about Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionicor compare the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

I think your suggestion is a good one, so I took the liberty of changing the label and title so that it is applicable to future products and exercise developments.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

Beeswax
First Steps

A compass and an altitude meter would be a great feature on the Fitbit for hiking.

Jlyons013
First Steps

In law enforcement i need to know which direction i am traveling, this would be a nice quick reference for direction in unfamiliar areas. I think it would also be helpful for the fitness enthusiast who hikes or bikes in the woods!

Katykski
First Steps

Ionic needs a compass too.

Katykski
First Steps

It' time for the ionic to have a compass. I suppose maps is too much to ask. 

Beeswax
First Steps
Thanks, I agree. And I would like to see a built-in hiking program.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.