Compatibility with Google Home

It would be nice if the app had some compatibily with google home systems 

95 Comments
richard_no1
Stepping Up

It really is about time this issue was sorted by Fitbit. There must be millions of Fitbit users using Google Home/Assistant and not Alexa or Cortana.

harrygt
Jogger

By the response from fitbit, I think the issue is that amazon sells the fitbits and gets preferable treatment whilst Google dosen't.

richard_no1
Stepping Up

Good point harrygt - that hadn't occurred to me. 

ohynek
Base Runner

This would be very neat. Especially possibility to log water just by saying it. I hope to see this in the near future.

SIrWT
Recovery Runner

I have a Google Mini home system that can't work with Fitbit like

Amazon Alexa By Amazon.com

when is Fitbit going to work with google...Like getting Steps. Sleep log, etc??

Warren

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

iHarley
Jogger

I'd like to ask my Home/Assistant on phone things like how long did I sleep, how many steps until I hit my goal, an easy way to log water. Basically asking for things that I can't just get from a glance on my Charge 2.

Tacham
First Steps

Please add this feature! : )

schubs
First Steps

I hope this feature gets added 🙂

i_maximus
First Steps

I use Google Home for a lot of things, I have no Amazon Echo, nor do I intend to get one.  I agree this would be a great feature. "Log 8 oz water." "Log weight at 200 lbs." "How many hours did I sleep?"

Manvir
Stepping Up

I have literally just created an account just so I can up vote this. It is desperately needed and has me mining ay other tracker options that do work with Google home. I have a charge 2 as a gift but looking else where so I can log my meals water weight etc

@sivolcom wrote:

It would be nice if the app had some compatibily with google home systems 

CarlyKHelton
Recovery Runner

With the addition of a mic feature on the new Versa, it would be great to have integrated Google / Google Assistant compatibility, for those with Android devices.

*IOS for those with Apple devices

Moderator Edition: labels and topic for clarification

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @CarlyKHelton. We look forward to hearing what other community members think!

KeithGap
Jogger

Really hoping this gets created. I would definitely use FitBit functionality with my Google Homes.

bmoneycashmoney
First Steps

Omg if I could ask my GH or Google assistant how long I slept last night that would be fantastic!!!! The sleep log is the biggest reason I bought a Fitbit in the first place.

I think I'd use Fitbit features wayyyyy more if I could just talk to my GH instead of going to the app. I hate using the app.

Imagine this scenario: I wake up and say good morning to my GH. 

"Good morning bmoneycashmoney, it is {time}{date}. The forecast is {weather}. You slept for {fitbitsleeptime}. Your goal for today is {fitbitsteps or whatever you want to set as your goal}. Good luck, {inspirational quote for the day}."

ClintonP
First Steps

It would be good if Fitbit could work with Google Home just like it does with Amazon Alexa. 

grahamgonzales
First Steps

Please please can we have an Alexa app for the Fitbit ionic

katachresis
Jogger

Please!! Would LOVE to be able to ask google how many days until my next period or how many steps I've taken or how much weight I've lost!!

jennadgc
First Steps

Argus app currently works with the assistant so I'd love to see something similar with Fitbit! See my tweet to Fitbit here for screenshot: https://twitter.com/jennadgc/status/1021786187818663936?s=21

Would love to track weight, food, cycle (female tracking) with voice controls as well as check stats (e.g. hey Google what's my resting heart rate today?)

Malgosia.
Jogger

Yes!! Text to voice,  calendar reminders,  etc.  The only thing we can do now is see emails but I wish we could add more than 1 email account so I can have work and personal emails coming through to my Fitbit Versa

TheNino
Recovery Runner

It would be amazing to have this features to interact with Fitbit using Google Assistant. Also using it to control the Coach should be very useful!

harrygt
Jogger

When is fitbit going to get it's act together and support Google Home

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Llets look at those that would like this request, in 20 months we have 21 people who have posted with 153 votes.

We barely have enough votes to even be noticed, when some requests get a thousand votes in the first month.

Who has a link to the suggestion in their significant and advertises when they post throughout the community. 

Right now with all the Fitbit users in the wild it looks like no one wants this.

Let's get this suggestion advertised and enough votes to become a serious request.

amybrazen
First Steps

@AlexandraFitbit I second this request. I'm currently deciding between staying with FitBit or moving to a device I can use specifically with Google Assistant. 

HealthierHilary
First Steps

In the same place as @amybrazen - need the integration with Google to stick with fitbit

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.