Compatibility with Google Home

It would be nice if the app had some compatibily with google home systems 

95 Comments
davehacker
Jogger

Agreed, I just returned my samsung watch because they are trying to force the samsung assistant (bixby) - I thought fitbit allowed it (no samsung overlords forcing an inferior solution) but apparently not.  Guess I'll be returning the fitbit unless I see a good workaround or confirmation that it's on the roadmap?

CTerp
Runner

I really would like Fitbit and Google home/assistant to work together.

Here are a couple of examples of what I would like to do with such integration:

• As a part of my “good morning” routine, I would like GH to read out my sleeping status.
  • When I am out for a run I would like to tell google assistant to start running workout on my Fitbit.
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @CTerp! Thank you for sharing your idea. This suggestion already exists so I merged your feature suggestion into this one.

MagTer
Jogger

Im currently in the same place as previous posters where i see this as a must have to keep using fitbit.

Some sort of feedback on if this is a planned feature or not would be nice.

megpal
First Steps

It would be amazing if Fitbit app stats, reminders, goal milestones, etc. would integrate with the Google Home devices so I could check my status in via voice throughout the day in my house.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @megpal! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Dr.Drax
Jogger

I recently got a new phone and am using Google Assistant, and was really disappointed that there isn't Fitbit integration. I'd especially like the ability to log water intake, since that's something I do many times a day.

Being a developer myself, I know that this would be trivial to implement, especially since you already have all of the grammars figured out for the Alexa skill. Given the competitive threat posed by Android Wear, I really hope Fitbit will take care of this before people start switching brands.

Siviekit
First Steps

Just got a Google Mini and Fitbit this week. Was sad to see they aren't compatible. Would be really nice to have all my information saved together in one place. And I juse Google everywhere, so having that compatibility would make life way easier. To have Google remind me to move based on my Fitbit stats. For Google to help me log my water/food/ intake so I can keep moving with everyday life.

TrueDiva
First Steps

It seems like there are two categories of integration that people are looking for here. One would be the ability to get information from Fitbit through Google Assistant on non-Fitbit devices. The other would be to have Google Assistant on the Fitbit itself.

Personally, I find the first category interesting and useful, but the second category would make a much larger impact to me. Of course, there would ideally be both. 

I would really ally like to be able to start timers with my voice on Fitbit. This makes it much more likely that I will actually start the timer, and do it on my Fitbit rather than another device. And if I’m at home, a timer I have set on my Google Home should give me an alert on my Fitbit. This is one small example, I’m sure this could extend much further.

I would like clarification: does my Versa have a mic, or was that a request?

Baileyjak4
Recovery Runner

Does the versa have a mic and SPEAKER tho? 

321bookish
First Steps

I would love for my fitbit Alta HR to be compatible with my Google Home. My mom's  works with her Alexa. Why not Google? 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @321bookish, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

321bookish
First Steps
Thanks! 
Tstorla
First Steps

I love my charge 3, as well as the fit bit app. I am looking to upgrade this summer to the versa or iconic, but google assistant integration is a must have for me as I continue to convert my home into a smart home, and would like to be able to control my house from my wrist.

MagTer
Jogger

I misunderstood the hole on the bottom of the versa as a microphone. It seems I was incorrect and the Google assistant feature I want is not possible.

The latest fitbit os made the general experience a lot better but since the mic-misunderstaning I'm looking for another wearable. 

Normotory
First Steps

With the new google devices coming out it would really be nice to have the google home mini and google home (or other future devices) to be compatible with fitbit so that you could log activity and more. This would be especially exciting in the sleep logging so that when you told google goodnight after sleeping and telling google good morning it would stop tracking sleep.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Normotory! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Adding the Google Home app would allow the fitbit wearer ro control home smart devives with a finger tap. Mic or speaker a nice to have but this would be a step in the right direction and prevent dissuasion from fitbit ro another device.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @SunsetRunner! Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Please vote by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Gurnee60031
First Steps
You say this exists but I can not find it. Please provide details how to get Fitbit information through a Google Home.

Thanks
321bookish
First Steps
I have not been able to figure it out either. Instructions would be appreciated. 
katachresis
Jogger
They aren't saying the functionality exists. They're just saying that the
thread asking for this functionality exists. 🙂

tl;dr: Fitbit doesn't play with GH yet. They don't want 200 different
threads asking for the same thing.
Studnicky
First Steps

I've been on the fence about buying a FitBit versa or Ionic for a few weeks now.  The issue preventing me from committing to a smart wearable is that I absolutely love google home & assistant and would want a device that can integrate with my smart home.  I would have already purchased if this integration existed, but feel like I need to wait out until I can find a fitness tracker that has the features I want.  I am sure that I am not alone.

harrygt
Jogger
Studnicky,
I think you're wasting your time with fitbit, I have been wating since I
got a charge 2 and still waiting.....go for the Garmin.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.