Compete against yourself

I would really love the ability to race against myself and track my performance against past runs during my current run with splits provided so that I can pick up the pace if I'm behind etc. This is really important as a motivating factor as well as a quick way to mark improvements in fitness levels. Please can you look at introducing this ?

The same can be extended to other aspects example speed, distance, avg HR bpm, time etc.

Moderator edit: Labels 

12 Comments
markwithers
First Steps
Can the app be enhanced with a challenge option to compete against my own steps from previous week? I would like to keep pushing myself to improve each week and this would help
shadowgaurdian
First Steps

ii have been using my fitbit for over a year now and i would love to have a little thing on my dashboard that compares what i am doing today against what i did this day last year, so i am competing against myself.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Wow! I completely love this. It can help others to increase the steps that they did yesterday or before. 

Hope this can be a feature soon Smiley Happy

Deand
Powerwalker
I would like to compete against my previous best time when running, similar functionality to runtastic pro. I am able to select which run I want to challenge and am updated during the run whether I am ahead or falling behind.
TriJ
First Steps

I'd like to be able to do Daily, Weekly or Weekend Challenges where I'm competing against my previous weeks numbers. It's great to compete against others, but there are some people I'm just not going to beat. I like the idea of being able to compete against myself from the previous challenge period or maybe even an avg of periods. Seeing what I did the previous week in the challenge and what I need to do to beat it this week would be motivational. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
@TriJ — love the idea! You've got my vote.
DaniellePreston
First Steps
Hi,

I think it would be really motivating if there was a way you could challenge goals against the previous week day on day. I would be always wanting to beat the previous weeks day goals. I hope this makes sense
autumncshaw
First Steps

Add a compete against self option -- work week hustle where it shows your own Monday steps (benchmark), Tuesday steps (difference), Wednesday steps (difference) ... and so on.  Then a monthly hustle with weekly averages and differences maybe.  While we get the weekly, update and can scroll it's sometimes funner to have it one the same screen in real time 🙂

Mitch66uk
Jogger

Hi there community.

I would love for you to create a a simple feature that would allow me to check my progress on distance, steps and calories live v's the previous day (or an average day over time). I think having this ghost feature (on the existing dials) available will help me (and probably others) be motivated to try and achieve more and/or check progress from previous days to make sure I'm on-track for the current day. The data is there, just be great to be able to use it to live check progress.

Thank you,

Andy

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about having the compete with yesterday feature.

UrmiA
Keeping Pace

Can Fitbit consider creating a Running improvement metric to track improvement and  fitness gains in running efficiency gained over time? It can incorporate heart rate data + stride length+ strike impact data (available via Moov monitors)+ endurance build up+ distance covered+ terrain data (using grade or height of the terrain)....

it can be super helpful to keep motivation to continue with the activity of running as you compete against yourself using past performances and see yourself improve slowly.

Bastila07
First Steps

Squash App please

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.