Connect with FreeStyle Libre

Link with the Freestyle Libre Ap

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

13 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

s.jew21
Jogger
Could you possibly add this onto your gluclose monitor app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @s.jew21, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with FreeStyle Libre. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

HMCWizard
Jogger
I own a Freestyle Libre continuous glucose meter, a Withings BP cuff and Withings scale all purchased for use with Apple Health so I could track everything in one app to see correlations. Realizing "when you go to compute don't use a fruit" I trashed my Apple Watch and replaced it with a Fitbit Sense. Wondering if we'll ever see similar interface.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @HMCWizard, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to be able to connect with FreeStyle Libre app and Withings BP. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in adding your vote to this suggestions: Integrate Withings Blood Pressure Monitor.

melidest03
First Steps
i am looking for an app i can have on my watch with my numbers shown there seeing it would be helpful
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @melidest03, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about connect with FreeStyle Libre. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

Jaysblueaus123
Recovery Runner

The cost of Premium does not come that cheap at all, and many of us do not want to have to put blood sugar levels in mannualy, when we are using the Abbot Freestyle Libre app on our phone that reads our blood sugar levels. Any ideas when the Librelink app will automatically work with the Fit Bit sense 2?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label.

GordonFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

Hi @Jaysblueaus123 

I've moved your post to the feature suggestion board so other people can vote on your request.   Unfortunately, we don't have any endpoints to post blood glucose data to our data services.   If there is a lot of interest, we can work with PM to get a solution.

Best,

Gordon

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jaysblueaus123, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Abbott Freestyle Libre app to Fitbit. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly.

Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kateykld, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having an integration between Fitbit and FreeStyle Libre app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Jlahunter
First Steps

Would love to see ability to connect Freestyle Libre. I see integration is available for OneTouch Review glucose monitoring. Please add Freestyle Libre and Dexcom.

miketheman
Jogger

While we wait for this feature, prior responses direct users to integrate with the web API.

While not a bad idea, there is no endpoint in the API for blood glucose submission. Please consider adding that the the API so as to enable developers to explore solving this in their own. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.