Connect with Livongo Health App

My company has partnered with Livongo to help their employees manage their diabetes.  Part of their app tracks your fitness.  Currently this is not an app the Fitbit connects with.

Moderator edit: Labels

21 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Commander5570.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us! 

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

shrekfl
First Steps

My company also signed up to monitor blood pressure.  Connects to apple health, but would rather track with my fitbit.

please support integration with FitBit.

Mmparikh79
First Steps

My company has also adopted Livongo for diabetes management and it would be great if my Fitbit integrated into it. thanks

JoHansen4
First Steps

My company, Allstate, started offering Livongo in 2019.  I am enrolled and love that it keeps me on track.  My Fitbit Flex 2 doesn't sync with Apple Health and Apple Health is the only app that will sync with Livongo.  I would love Fitbit to sync with Livongo so my actual steps reflect in Livongo instead of the steps that reflect in Apple Health (much lower -- I don't carry my phone with me at all times).  I want my hard work to reflect in Livongo so I don't get lectured by the consultant!

Howard88
First Steps

I have a Fitbit Versa and I just received a Livongo glucometer. I was very disappointed to find out that it will only use Google Fit for steps. Please add features so my Versa can sync with the Livongo app.

angiorn4
Recovery Runner

My husband and I are also using Livongo, which currently uses Google Fit to sync activity. I tried installing THREE separate apps to get Fitbit and Livongo to communicate. Livongo does not allow manual entry of activity. I would LOVE to see something other than ZERO steps logged each day. I would also like to see real time effects of exercise on my blood glucose. I did suggest this in the Livongo forums as well...

romeroom
First Steps

It seems Livongo is on track to become a top 5 standard among companies supporting employee health.  Fitbit has been the standard for quite some time.  The two should become collaborative partners ASAP.

Nickyjean01
Jogger

I have joined the program with livongo just recently with my company as well.  I see if I can add others to the campaign for synching.

dwm5788
Jogger

My company has also signed up with Livongo

angiorn4
Recovery Runner

UPDATE :The Fitbit connect is working now. You can access it from the Livongo app, it is not listed yet in Fitbit itself. There is a thin blue line, rather that an actual button. I repeatedly tapped in that area and eventually it activated. Livongo is working on it.

I have noticed a recent change within the Livongo app to connect with Fitbit. However, it is not functioning properly...yet. I have sent in a ticket explaining the issue. The good news is that they have listened!

PhilC_Boston
First Steps

It would also be nice if connectivity with Livongo allowed for FitBit to receive information from the Livongo scale vs. requiring manual input.

Snallygaster
First Steps

Yes! I’ve been using Livongo for 2 years and happy that some functions now connect with Fitbit! I’d like to see:

1- Fitbit meal and calorie/nutrition logging populate Livongo nutrition data

2- Livongo smart scale data populate Fitbit weight tracking 

thanks for listening!!

KidKarl
First Steps

I've been using my Livongo app to track my blood glucose. I was excited to see I'm able to record that info in my FitBit. I would be super excited to be able to sync my BG numbers to my FitBit automagically. Other Southwest Airlines employees might like that ability also!

margmsmith
First Steps

Fitbit needs to take Livingo blood glucose readings!  Your pushing customers to change their user interface away from you when the others become the consolidated data point!

BradleySmall
First Steps

I tried to connect the Livongo with the Fitbit Sense, and although it seems to accept my steps, I want it to also sync my glucose so I have everything all together. 

Spopar1
Base Runner

My husband has type-2 Diabetes and tracks his blood sugar daily via an app and glucose kit, Livongo, provided by his secondary insurance, BlueCrossBlueShield Federal.  
It would be wonderful if the data produced by Livongo could be integrated with our FitBit Pro data.   Given how many other current and former Federal employees suffer from the same disease, I’m sure this would help thousands.  

Please let me know if this could be done.

Ieva Spons

Hugh2Bfit
First Steps

Still hoping FitBit will partner with Livongo for BP and Blood Sugar tracking.

Spopar1
Base Runner

@Hugh2Bfit. I agree.  However, other than our posts regarding this issue on the community forum, I am not seeing anything that would indicate our request is being heard by those who can make it happen.  No real feedback.  Crickets.

bolbishvili
Jogger

I see that the Livongo health app can be set up to get step data from Google Fit or Fitbit, but I'm not really interested in that. What I would like to see is a way to get blood pressure data from Livongo and track it in fitbit.  Is there any one option to track all of our health data or do I just need to manually enter things on a spreadsheet?

Virtuouswmn
Jogger

Please allow Fitbit to sync with Livongo glucose monitors.

paulmiller
Jogger

Please add Livongo scales to the Fitbit app. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.