Connecting Fitbit with Runtastic

Hi there,

I really like to run with fitbit. But unfortunately I cannot connect it with my favourite apps runtastic and lifesum. Runtastic is a really cool app, has more features then runkeeper has. Is it possible to program a connection between them. And also the lifesum app. Also a cool app.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & Title

33 Comments
ilbonzo
Stepping Up

+1 for Runtastic integration 

Soggs
Stepping Up

I strongly support the Fitbit - Runtastic integration

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This request is two in one. I can’t tell about possible future plans for these integrations, but I still wanted to highlight the fact that, even if we don’t officially support these platforms right now, Runtastic & Lifesum developers would be able to integrate with us by using our Web API. It gives them the opportunities to read most Fitbit’s user data (with their permission) and add log data like exercises and food.

Chr15bruce
First Steps

I am massively in favour of intervention and syncing with Runtastic apps..... for me much better than the other likeminded apps out there - please Fitbit!

AlvinJeremar
Jogger

+1 for Runtastic integration!

1969Leo
First Steps

PLEASE integrate fitbit and Runtastic soon!!! So many people want it....

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.