Display Units on Aria based on User's Preference

In a future firmware update would it be possible to have the Aria scale NOT set to a single set of units (pounds, kilograms, or stone) but instead have it measure the weight and body fat, recognize the user, and only THEN display in the preferred units as set by each user?  My wife is European and I'm North American, so one or the other of us is always having to convert depending on who last went in and changed the settings.  Of course there could / would have to be a default set of units for displaying the "guest" weight of someone unrecognized, but I'd be fine with the screen being blank an extra few seconds before my info popped up if I was going to get info that actually made sense to me, and vice versa for my wife.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

9 Comments
Frank98
Jogger

Exact same request here !

I want pounds and she wants kilos... and of course, the scale is now set to kilograms 😉

oidipos
Keeping Pace

+1 same here, mixed American/European household

sly1
First Steps

Same thing for me i whould really appreciated to be able to change  the weight unit along with the profile of the other users

boomerdoc
First Steps

How do I eliminate stones as a measurement and have scale measure in pounds?

IainPurdie
Jogger

Another "+1". My wife prefers stones, I've always used kilograms. Shame this was originally posted in 2014 and there seems to have been no response 😞

Status changed to: Needs More Info
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello, thanks for stopping by! Woman Happy I think this is a good idea. I will make sure to pass your suggestion to our team for consideration.

See you around! Woman Happy

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

TbtnPeachPie
Jogger

Hi, a further +1 for this. Got an Aria for xmas and it's already causing disagreements in the household. Will there be any action on this feature? Lots of people have requested it over a number of years...

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Aria devices. You can find more details here: About Fitbit Aria 2.

@RCWestcott, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.