Continuous HRV tracking to improve daily readiness score

Fitbits that have the sensors for HRV tracking (and SpO2) should be tracked all day. This is important data to show body stress. The daily readiness score is in desperate need of improvement particularly in needing better HRV data

Moderator edit: Clarified subject for clarity.
6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @katiemroberts, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding continuous HRV tracking to improve daily readiness score. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Poulpox
First Steps

I had an interesting situation happening yesterday: I did a lot of labouring in the garden, and reached lots of active zone minutes. However, I seem to have overdone it, and later injured myself by just bending down one to E too many. The following morning I woke up to a readiness score suggesting I am on top form and should try to do an intense workout. Obviously the readiness score does not consider that I injured myself, however, perhaps if the tracking was more continuous as suggested, and an option to log injuries was added, the readiness score might be more accurate, and learn from our day to day experience (for example the system could have learnt that from doing such intense work I would have benefited from recovery and watching out for injuries).

Not convinced the readiness score reflects much useful information at this stage 🤔

Cheiro
First Steps
The daily readiness score (or the body's readiness to train) should be predominantly based on the users HRV, which is the most established and scientifically proven metric to assess balance and resilience to physical/emotional stress within the body.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cheiro, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about using HRV tracking to improve daily readiness score. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

motionable
First Steps
I have had Covid for the last 3 days and have been sedentary, resting appropriately. Fitbit tells me I have a 99 Excellent Readiness score and should exercise based on my fair amount of sleep and inactivity. Exercise is actually counterproductive for me now. The Readiness score is useless needs user input about sick days or is useless.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @motionable, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about improving daily readiness score. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.