Cool Down Period After a Run

Hello Fitbit Team: After a run, the user selects stop and the metrics of the run are provided. I think it would be great if selecting stop puts the fitbit app into a cool down period to monitor the users heart rate for a set period, say from one minute upwards, depending what the user sets, or it could be until they press stop again. Quite often runners want to know how long it takes for their heart rate to settle and at what rate it settles. This would be a nice feature and one that could be easy to implement as the instruments are there. The metric of the cool down period could be tagged onto the end of a graph, perhaps of a different colour so the user can ascertain their heart rate once they stopped running. Many thanks. Simon.

Moderator edit: Added label 

7 Comments
jerrobertson
Stepping Up

There could even be a control as to whether you want to enable this feature. I like the idea of still tracking my exercise for my cool-down, but not having that cool-down muck up my exercise stats (such as average speed).

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
Cyclops
Jogger

Tracking heart rate recovery after exercise is an important indicator of health. Modify the "finish exercise?" selection to move to a cool down mode which tracks heart rate and movement. This would allow the actual tracked exercise to be stopped and immediately start monitoring heart rate recovery trends. The "finish exercise?" selection could then be made from this mode. Anyone not wanting to track recovery can just press the "finish" point twice to exit the app.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cyclops. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have a cool down mode when finishing your exercise with us! This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

RunSpinGeek
First Steps

When finished running or walking I'd like to cool down... actively tracking as part of exercise but not as part of pace or in a way it takes from the main exercise star.  A cooldown button before finishing

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RunSpinGeek. Thanks for sharing your suggestion about having a cool down button after your exercise with us. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.