0 Votes

Cotton elastic band options for sleep

I’m enjoying the sleep tracking upgrade from my Flex to Charge 3 but I don’t like how uncomfortable the classic band is. I usually put the tracker in a cotton wrist pouch but lose much of the features for sleep tracking. A cotton elastic band for sleep would be great!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Snshn5951, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having cotton elastic band options for sleep with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Snshn5951. Thanks for sharing this suggestion with us. I'm happy to let you know that we have sport wristbands available for the Charge 3 which you may find more comfortable than the classic bands. You can find them here: Charge 3 Sport Bands.

We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Keep adding your suggestions!

Gabbee
Base Runner

I found the standard band provided with the Charge 4 quite uncomfortable and not quite long enough for my largish wrist. I bought the ShuYo band (shown below) thru Amazon. Perfect for me.

"ShuYo Adjustable Elastic Watch Bands Compatible with Fitbit Charge 4 / Charge 3 / SE, Soft Replacement Wristband Breathable Sport Strap with Band for Women Men (3 Pack)"

DianaStefan92
First Steps

Hello.

I see the cotton band appears here as a existing feature.  My boyfriend got a fitbit sense and he loves everything that it can do. We chose it especially for the many health tracking options. The problem is that even in clothing we only use 100% cotton with what we buy. We were hoping to be able to make ourselves a cotton bracelet for the smartwatch for him to use but it is proving more difficult the  we were hoping. Does a cotton/or other 100% natural bracelet exist as a product for fitbit charge? We will also ask trough costumer support from his account. 

Thanks!

Gabbee
Base Runner

I'm not sure how the Sense connectors work, but they look similar to the Charge 4/5. I doubt if you'd get pure cotton bands that would work well, but you could always make them yourself.

You'd need to buy some stainless steel Sense connectors, plus some springbars of the right size and a springbar tool if you don't have one. You want the springbar to be reasonably thick to reduce the wear on the band.

The ShuYo bands are nylon or similar, and we haven't had any reactions.

DianaStefan92
First Steps

Where can we get sense connectors that work? I did search online, but only found on one website that has very bad reviews (people say in the reviews that they charge the money but do not send the products or answer afterwards). It was our initial plan to buy connectors and build a bracelet. 

Nylon would not help that much, unfortunately- though it would be easier for him to wear than the silicon bracelet. We need to manage to make a band that is made out of natural materials - that is why we were thinking a cotton bracelet. 

Gabbee
Base Runner
Where can we get sense connectors that work?

Check out Amazon using "fitbit sense connector". I've only bought a couple (for the Charge 5) but they worked fine. Check out the reviews, but note that a lot of folks seem to have a problem in clicking them in and out of the tracker, usually because IMNSHO they don't ensure that that they're properly clicked in. Also working with springbars can be a somewhat fiddly and frustrating activity (that I'd prefer someone else did for me:=) which some never master, and blame the tools.

One of the big benefits in navigating this route is that having a band connected by springbars multiplies the choices of bands many-fold.

Given the price, you haven't much to lose.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.