Create Custom Groups

Was hoping it was possible to create or join groups, from various countries to help and to motivate and cheer people on with goals, steps and fat loss. 

Also accumulate all steps and use them to climb famous buildings, or famous walks around a tour of countries.  

22 Comments
aafable
Jogger

There should be a Zumba group! There are many of us that love to dance and we don't have our own group. lol 

Harrietr
First Steps

Can you please add custom groups to the mobile app???  I am so disappointed that I can only add the "canned" groups and can't search or join a special group from my iphone's fitbit app.   I created an account online and thought it would sync with my phone's app, but it doesn't recognize any of my history from the app. Make things worse, I couldn't see the group I joined online. Very frustrating....

Shaycakes03
First Steps

In the new groups feature, there should be groups for individual sports. Basketball players could share their handling techniques, horseback riders could give exercise tips for building muscle, and swimmers could share tricks of the trade for becoming the fader on their team

Shaycakes03
First Steps

faster not fader. spellcheck!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be amazing if in the groups in the app we could have one for PCOS. Poly cystic ovarian syndrome effects a lot of woman and we can face different weight loss and health challenges than others. Having a place dedicated to support from others going through the same or similar issues would help a lot of woman.

Odyssey13
Community Legend

Welcome to the forums @SunsetRunner

There are more than a few groups here for those with PCOS. Click here to see a list of those groups.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thank you 🙂

serenabee
Jogger

Apparently cross posting not ok, I had to edit this since I couldn't delete it. Good luck for us all on this issue!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Custom groups should be part of the app. This is a way to communicate and get motivation from other members. 

AmyLynnP
First Steps

Among the FitBit Groups, there seems to be a gap where there should be a community for those of us working to put on pounds in a healthy manner. 

Given the prevalence of eating disorders that emerge when weight loss is touted as the only way to be "healthy" or "attractive", it seems to me that FitBit should be encouraging healthy weight gain communities as well, if they are truly committed to healthy lifestyles.

People may be underweight for many reasons, including eating disorders, illnesses (such as thyroid dysfunction, malabsorption, immune diseases, or cancer), or merely wishing to bulk up to gain muscle mass.

Skinny is not always healthy. Losing weight is not always healthy.

It would mean a lot to have a community in the FitBit Groups to encourage truly healthy living - even if gaining weight may seem counterintuitive to many in the FitBit community.

Chezr102
First Steps

Being able to put people in your friends list into groups like Facebook group and SlimmingWorld group so if you add some friends from your slimmingworld group there all in one place or like Fitbit page you know where the people have come from  as I have lots of friends but don’t know where I have added them from or how I know them 

Knieves
First Steps

I really like how fit bit has added the group feature to the app.  But I think that it could be enhanced through adding more groups one being the ketogenic lifestyle and other eating plans like Paleo. I know that there is a group for vegetarians but I think people would benefit from having more groups like this. 

RBrettler
Jogger

Definitely should add custom groups.  Just another step tracker without it.  Really want to challenge people in my area!

Angelmar
First Steps

Im in a group of 50+ and not having it available on the app is a big let down from Fitbit

TyJohnson83
Stepping Up

It seems pretty obvious that this feature should exist. I just got everyone I work with to join a fitbit group, we did it to support each other only to find out %100 exclusively use the app. Seriously, who bothers logging into the web client and what on earth is the point of custom groups if you can't do anything with it from the app?

NellyMartinez
Jogger

Hey Fitbit I was curious to know if you guys can please make a bariatric patients community group.

Meg2131304
First Steps

I think it would be a great idea if we could make groups in the challenges that we could save and name them so that way every weekend we just click that challenge and it loads with the same people and they can accept or not. We do a huge group one at work and I would love to name it our work name and have more people join & it be easier to just click rather than going through all my friends and finding each person! Thanks! 🙂

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Deanbs161719@Meg2131304 @NellyMartinez @TyJohnson83 and @Angelmar - you can actually currently create custom groups, but only on the web app. See more info on that here on our help site.

I imagine what you want to do is have this feature on the mobile app? In which case I will merge your comments into this Feature Suggestion for 'add custom groups to mobile app' which is currently under consideration. Let me know if that's what you meant.

TyJohnson83
Stepping Up
Hey @LizFitbit
Yes that's what I'm looking for, the full integration of custom groups on
the App.

Why can't one create a custom group in either the app or the website and be able to access the group interchangeably on both platforms?

This would fall under Programming 101 for a software engineer 🤓

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Darcy.ciambello, it's good to see you around in teh forums, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists for the web version so I’ve moved your post here. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@DavideFitbit. This feature has now been added to the mobile community groups 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.