Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
jasonteng
First Steps

Using the mobile version of the Fitbit app, I find myself unable to create multiple groups to allow me to challenge my family and groups of friends. 

Being able to communicate and create goals for individual groups on both the mobile app and browser would be GREAT!!

mdc871
Jogger

It would be great to have the ability to create and see "groups" on the fitbit app.  I only use the Fitbit app and this functionality is not currently available.

ro-e
Jogger

Could someone please create an option to access community groups from the app on the phone?  You continue to make improvements but one big one would be to see how everyone in your group is doing when you are out of town and do not have access to a computer.  It might be an incentive to walk more  while traveling. 

Rosedale
Recovery Runner

Yes please. My group really pushes me. I'd love to be able to see where I stand when not at my computer.

savvyandsweet
Keeping Pace

I'd love to be able to see my ranking in the groups that I'm a part of in the app and not just on the dashboard on the website!

Tintin
Recovery Runner

I would like to have this, too.  I get motivated to move whenever I see my group's numbers therefore pushes me to be active.  And like @Rosedale I would like to see my standing on my (Android) app.  I really like this suggestion and I hope this will be considered for the next update.

jayh3
Base Runner

I would also like to see groups on the mobile app.  Maybe throw them in with the friends box.

Imoverwait
First Steps
Id love to be able to see, read and reply to the forum boards from my mobile phone app
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I find the Mobile version of the web page very intuitive and designed nicely for Chrome for Android. I am able to post and respond through the phones browser also.

mama2roo
First Steps

It would be AWESOME to add this to the app. I really like having things all in one place.

ReneeV
Recovery Runner

I'd like to see the same features that the Challeges have on the app for groups.  Group stats and notifications would be great to have and much easier to follow via app rather then the mobile site.

Patb01027
Jogger

I have a long term "group" I set up but appears there is no way to view that groups stats without going to the website. The challenges are great but would be nice to just see that group avialble to view via the app. Thanks 

Alisia-a-a
First Steps

This would be amazing to have. I hate logging into my dashboard online to see this. 

michael4188
First Steps

This would be an awesome feature! My team at work created a group and being able to view it through the app would also better assist members of the group staying synced. 

mrbuffneff
Stepping Up

FitBit has these great Activity Groups, but does not show Activity Group stats in the Dashboard or App and does not send any email updates on the stats at the end of the month.

Suggestions:

1.  Send a monthly summary email showing a member their Activity Group results for the previous month. 

2.  Allow users to monitor Activity Groups rankings on their Dashboard similar to the "Friends Recent 7 Day Step Total" widget.  

3.  Add Activity Group tracking to the mobile app. 

Moderator edit: added labels

leecockerill
First Steps

Hi,

I am a PE Coordinator and am looking to start up a group to improve the activity in my school.  I think it would be great to be able to see this group in the iPhone app rather than having to login to the website.  Maybe a groups tab at the bottom of the screen in the next update please. 

Thanks

Lee

UB2
First Steps

Good idea

Splatter
Jogger

Yes please do add the groups function to the IOS and Android Applications.  How this isn't a part of your apps is mind boggling to me.  I use groups more than any other function!

Larry_G
Jogger
Please add this functionality. I view my groups every day. It is very disappointing that I cannot view my group ranking from within the app. Very frustrating.
Stefie
First Steps

Besides viewing Groups, please also have the add and delete group function in app version

NANCAIAZZO
First Steps
I would really like to see this feature added to the phone app. I am trying to get a group going in my workplace and this would make getting people to join and buy fitbits so much easier!!! Please!!
Splatter
Jogger

Remember to vote at the top of this page if you would like to see Groups in the cell phone applications.

Tintin
Recovery Runner

I like your suggestions, @mrbuffneff.  I hope these will be available real soon.

May I also add this suggestion of an icon on the movement of ranks - green up arrow if my rank went up; red down arrow if my rank went down?

MrsTGrin
Jogger

Hello... I made a private group of ladies making a health and fitness program so we can challenge each other.

The only bad thing that we have encounter is that the only way to see how we are and our position against each other is only on the page of fitbit and not in the app.

Beside that would be awesome to add some challenges to this area too.

Can be this fix in the future as it will be great for us, to see this in the app as is the place we usually access.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: Edited labels and title for clarification

cherylsusz
First Steps

It's ridiculous and very disappointing that you can only view your community groups on a computer and not on the app.  I'm managing a group for 50 members and having to explain this to them is annoying.  Plus not everyone has access to a computer, only the app so they can't keep track.  

Same thing for challenges...you can view it on the app but not online.  So ridiculous!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.