Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @WileyMan, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

marvette80
First Steps

Unbelievable that people have been asking for this for 4 years and it still has not been implemented.  I was really excited to set up an accountability group only to be disappointed when I learned that I could not view it in my app.  Please implement this.  This should be a no brainer feature.

Myfear
First Steps

I can only second what has been said. The private groups not showing in the iOS app is kind of weird and not understandable. Fix it, please. 

Byronf
First Steps
It’s so crazy that this feature hasn’t been implemented yet.

Sent from my iPhone
Kneblock
Jogger

Please make Challenge Groups viewable/accessible within the Fitbit App. I know very few people who actually log into Fitbit.com on a desktop computer. Most of the people I know who still use desktops do so at work, when it obviously isn't very convenient (or wise) to take time away from work and log in to Fitbit to check in with the group. It negates the purpose of even having a Challenge Group when 99% of its members can't access anything within it.

adej528
First Steps

I'd love to see this feature as well instead of having to log on via a computer to track how my group is doing. The Workweek challenges are nice and all but you can only track 10 people and I'm having to make multiple work week challenges and then take screenshots and post to a facebook group for our challenges.

Byronf
First Steps
Please add this feature.

Sent from my iPhone
JulianL
Jogger

Hey Fitbit get on with it. This is not a pass for you, only a a work around for now. I have found that using Chrome on iPhone I can leave the tab open for each of my groups and see them without needing to log in each time.

Byronf
First Steps
Please please please add this feature it’s been long enough.

Sent from my iPhone
Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PTI and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released in the Fitbit app on iPhones, iPads, and Android phones. You can find out more here: What should I know about closed groups in the Fitbit Community?  As you've submitted a high quality suggestion, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes.

Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community.

LauraCoups
Recovery Runner
Can private groups that have already been created be accessed or do they need to be recreated now? I’m not seeing the private group I’m in on the app

Sent from a land far far away
Cowps
First Steps

I just checked this out to see and I can only create new group via the app I can’t find the group I already created nor does it show up that I am a member of this group

BNewman
Jogger

hmm.. fail? activity groups not showing. when online click community/activity groups and any groups you are a part of show listed at the top.  when in mobile app click community/groups none of the activity groups i'm a part of show in the list. of "my public groups". maybe I'm missing it?

jmilbrath
Base Runner

YojanaFitbit: the information provided does not explain how to add a
pre-existing Custom Group to the App. Can you provide any guidance?

Jeff

Moderator edit: Removed personal info.

tinawalking
Keeping Pace
I have the same question

Thank you,

Tina Divita Larson, CMP
Meeting Planner
Bgoverman
Recovery Runner

Two follow up questions/observations:

1. Please let us know if existing private groups can be added to the mobile app and it will carry all the history from website to mobile
2. I tried to create a new private group on my iPhone and filled in the Goup Name, Description and Rules, but I could not get to the point where “Create” would be enabled. Hence, the feature is not working, at least on the iPhone.

Thanks
Brad Goverman

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Byronf
First Steps
Please just add the existing custom groups to the app. My work has already setup a group for us and forcing them to redo it would add a level of complexity that seems unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone
WileyMan
Base Runner

I have exactly the same issue as Bgoverman.  Using an iPhone, I attempted to create a group.  I can name it, I can describe it, and I can establish rules, but I cannot actually create the group and invite people to it.  this feature is not quite ready for prime time.  Please let us know when it is. 

Thanks,

Mark         

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I ran into the same issue...resolved by adding a picture. Apparently none of the fields are optional.
cody1i
First Steps

Allowing customer user groups to be added to the dashboard will drive more use of the app and the fitbit suite of products... Other competitor products allow for this feature. Having the requirement that challenges be between the fitbit sponsored groups and friends only is extremely limiting...

says this has been released, but I notice no change in the user experiences....
WileyMan
Base Runner

User groups are now able to be created on the app, but there is no leader-board or step count functionality of any kind within the groups on the app. There is also no crossover of groups made on Fitbit.com to the app, which is what many of us were asking for. There is the ability to message more effectively, but this seems like merely a half-step.

chronicliving
First Steps

I'd like to see groups be made withing the Fitbit app. Versatile groups though, like people recovering from injuries, people trying to lose weight, people trying to eat better, people with disabilities, etc. You should be able to communicate and add tips or make suggestions to other users. 

There should also be  categorized work outs/challenges. Like workouts on your feet, while seated, biking, yoga, etc. 

Chilesey
First Steps

Pleas allow us to add custom activity groups we have created and are members of in our fit bit apps. The online dashboard is absolutely shocking in terms of user interface on a mobile device. We use Fitbit apps everyday. Having it online makes it so difficult for people in my group to use so instead we don’t and it would be such a great feature. 

Looptilou
First Steps

Allow access to Custom Groups in the Mobile App through the tab Groups

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.