Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
Meigian
Jogger

Please make all groups, including customized groups available in the app. It would be so helpful with keeping up with group members to show support and accountability.

Meigian
Jogger

Please add groups and group challenges to the app!!!! That would really take challenges, support, and accountability to a whole new level!!! Fitbit, we seriously need this and I absolutely cannot imagine why it wouldn't already be in the app!!! Please make this happen for us faithful fitbit users!!!

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Meigian thank you for your comment. I merged it here, since we already have an existing feature suggestion regarding this topic. 

Hyperbolic
Jogger

Can you give us an updated status on this feature. It has been “under consideration” since February. Is it still being considered? Please at least give quarterly updates on feature suggestions which are still active, or let users know that the feature has been shelved and is  no longer under consideration.

Cowps
First Steps

I think given the length of time this has been requested, the fact it’s been requested many times since the start we should all just accept it’s not going to happen. they don’t want it to happen for what ever reason but just don’t want to tell us why it’s not gonna my to happen.

JacqueRiehl
Recovery Runner

Please please please add access to

our private activity groups in the app. You are limiting your users who are trying to use Fitbit to create groups that keep in touch on a regular basis. For example, I run 3 weekly Workweek Hustles that I invite a group of people to. When the first one fills, I create a second one and invite those that didn’t get I to

the first one. Once the second is filled, I create a third one and do the same thing. Only 6 weeks ago I was only getting one filled, the last two weeks I have been up to filling 3. Hen I take the top 5 from each of the previous week’s Workweek Hustles and create a Winner’s Challenge using withe the Pohono Trail Challenge or the NYC Marathon Challenge. It hasn’t started to

creared quite the community and getting people active and using their FitBit, which is only good for you and the company as it will sell Moreno of your product. However, I have NO WAY to

talk to the whole group via my phone app, which is a HUGE DOWNFALL to using FitBit for this. It seems you are trying to create communities, and yet you are preventing communities from speaking with each other? Please fix this ASAP, or I may have to

move the whole group, now 56 people, to a different tracker. Thank you!

Jacque Riehl

Jacque.J.Riehl@gmail.com

Bdunbar2223
First Steps

I created a private group for my work. We are on,y able to see the group dashboard from the website. It would be amazing if it was accessible from the app. Thanks.

Yanill21
First Steps

I’m currently added to a group among my friends. It sucks having to log in into the website to see stats and numbers as opposed to just see it on the app

JavaGypsy
Recovery Runner

What a bummer that I cannot create a group and view it via the mobile app.  Most of us do not login to the desktop version these days, so having that visibility via the mobile app would be priceless.  (As in I would implement it at work across our employees, but most of them do not have daily access to computers and only use cell phones.)

Pretty please, developers? Heart

Byronf
First Steps
Yeah my work actually uses fit bit in a health incentive program. We just started recently. I immediately noticed this function was missing when I added our group. I chided them and suggested we use a different app because of the hassle of logging in from a desktop 😕

Sent from my iPhone
hajenkatt
Stepping Up

Another vote to add app access for groups.  There is so much potential here, and his feature would add so much more depth to our weekly activity.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I think this is a lost cause. I doubt they even read these boards
Britt.W
First Steps

This is 2018 and this still isn't available?! Please tell me I'm just missing an update or something and this has been fixed/updated to include custom groups in the app?!

tinawalking
Keeping Pace

I'm creating a group for a support group and find it surprising that we cannot see the activity group on our apps.  Please add this to the next update.

jmilbrath
Base Runner

It would be much easier to encourage our company to support the sales of the new Charge 3 by offering an employee incentive if our company's private group could be accessed from the mobile app. Please push this feature to the top of the development list.

Byronf
First Steps
Please add this desperately needed feature.

Sent from my iPhone
abigailhicks
First Steps

You should be able to view your own groups that you’ve created for you and your friends via the app

Treval
First Steps

Currently, we can only view our custom activity groups on the Fitbit website, and not in the mobile app. As I never use the web version, this would be a very useful feature for the mobile app.  

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Treval and @abigailhicks, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your posts here. Don't forget to add your votes!

dberger60
Jogger
This feature does NOT exist. If you read all the recent replies, it’s
obvious customers are getting impatient with this not yet being available.
JulianL
Jogger

The inability to see private groups on the mobile app is so frustrating, surely these can be linked to our profile so we can view on mobile app??

Byronf
First Steps
Please add custom groups to the mobile app.

Sent from my iPhone
Byronf
First Steps
My company has encouraged us all to use Fitbit products in order to participate in a custom group. We have all been quite dismayed that the very thing we all bought Fitbit’s for is unavailable in the app. The custom groups are vital for us to engage each other. I have suggested that next year we go with a different vendor in order to have this one feature.

Sent from my iPhone
WileyMan
Base Runner

Through one post in the 15-50 lbs weight-loss group on the app, I have gathered a group of almost 30 people who are interested in being part of an accountability group.  I am currently managing this through three separate workweek hustle challenges.  It would be a lot easier and useful to the users if we could have a group that could be accessed on the app.  Groups can be made on the web portal, but they do not transfer to the app.  Please address this issue.  I am trying to achieve my goals and help others meet their goals through group accountability.

Est_Nat
First Steps

I agree. Would be so much more easier to keep track and motivating when you have goal oriented individuals together.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.